tuscl

Ineffecient Markets?

I've notice that prices can vary quite a bit between different crypto currency exchange. This is particularly interesting in the case of litecoin (ticker LTC) which has very low transfer and is very fast. Seems it would be pretty easy for a RICH STUD like me to write an arbitrage bot. But I wonder, why these inefficiencies exists, i.e. why has nobody already written that bot?

28 comments

• Dougster
    7 years ago
    Maybe it's due to how it is to getting hedging instruments.... Hmmm...
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    What makes you think nobody has written a bot? I have not, mostly because I was unaware of such an opportunity for arbitrage, and also because I don't know how to write such a program (I would if I could though). I would not be surprised if some very smart software devs have done this... or rather, MANY smart software devs have done this. Seems logical.

Between which exchanges have you noticed the largest price difference?
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Carlo Ponzi had first tried to make money by sending large quantities of international postal stamps across borders. Didn't work though, so he stumbled into the kind of scheme which today carries his name.

Seems we have another such sort in Dougster.

SJG
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    GDAX and Bittrex, for instance. My iPhone also has a ticker. I'm not sure which exchange it reads off of, but it also is often reporting difference with these two exchanges.

You're probably write though. I'm probably just missing something. Seems too obvious for anyone not to have done it already.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @SJG: quit being a such a fag all the time. Don't you have any of your boyfriends at your church you should be hanging out with?
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^^^^^^ Stop projecting your homosexual fantasies onto me.

Lots of scam artists try to take advantage of market inefficiencies, and then end up following Carlo Ponzi when it doesn't work out and they have to face their investors.

This is why it is well known that you can't cheat an honest man.

SJG

Only Rock and Roll
    https://youtu.be/8ILjlKqc_58?list=PLFFC0…
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    ^^^ stop projecting your dishonesty onto me. Well all the real reason you are founding your church. No sane girl will have unpaid sex with your psycho ass, so your cult is your strategy to try and get something even if it means with the psychoest of the psychos. Nothing else. No social justice cause, blah, blah. Not any of that crap. Just admit it.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Now it's become a church I thought it was an organization.
    The plot thickens!
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    @Dougster, not really sure, I don't see USD/LTC on Bittrex, only BTC/LTC. What I do know is that Bitcoin is just 1 dollar shy of hitting $3000 on Coinbase. Bet you enjoyed the ride up!
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    See right now there is 0.45 difference between LTC prices between the exchanges. That's nearly 1.5%! (Or as Donal Trump would say: it's YUUUGE.)
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @trackstar: yeah, thanks for re-introducing me to this world. I was mostly in ZEC during this time not BTC, but everything is rallying like crazy right now. I won't be surprised if it's some hot money which left the NASDAQ on Friday, lol!

• FTS
    7 years ago
    $0.26 from $3000
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    $0.10 from $3000
  • FTS
    7 years ago

$0.02 from $3000
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I see 300 BTC sell orders at $3000. Once you bust through those: look out above!
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I found out (sort of) what was going on. Bittrex was comparing the price to USDT. USDT is not USD but a crypto currency called "Tether" which is back by the USD, i.e. you can trade/transfer it but redeem it for USD.

Seems Tether itself doesn't trade in exact tandem with the USD. Last it night it was overvalued relative to USD, but it seems to me it should generally be undervalued, due to time to redeem it for real money, and risk the company won't pay you.

• san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Inefficient markets? Dougster has been saying for so long that the markets are efficient. If they are inefficient, then the risks could be much higher.

SJG
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    More of you claiming I said stuff which I didn't? That's all you got left?
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Dougster has always been saying that these markets are efficient, because he was trying to promote them.

SJG
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Oh, no. I've say they are not over valued. Which is different from efficient.

But do your usual thing: set up your strawmen since you are completely incapable of arguing against things people actually say.

• san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    You have continually been talking about stuff being undervalued.

SJG
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Are you really that dumb? If the market is undervalued it means it's not efficient. If it's overvalued it's no efficient. Only if it's ideally priced is it efficient. The more I talk to you the more I see how weak you are at even basic logic. Is it because your mental illness destroyed that ability in you or you never had it to begin with.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Sorry Mr. Conn Artist, but you have been telling people that the market is undervalued, buy buy buy.

SJG
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    undervalued = ineffecient, retard
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Also lately I've been telling people sell, sell, sell. Try and keep up with the program here, dumbass.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    So you are admitting that these markets are inefficient, as they are behind the times in responding. And it also sounds like you are admitting that mostly these markets just respond to themselves, and that they are ways of taking money off of the gullible.

SJG
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    They are definitely inefficient.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    And that is how you make money, or more correctly, take money off of marks.

And you had before always been saying that they were efficient.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion