tuscl

Anybody want to be on this Floiduh jury? :)

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A Florida man accused of murdering his girlfriend wants to enter his penis into evidence in an oral sex death trial.

Richard Henry Patterson, 65, has admitted he choked his girlfriend, Francisca Marquinez, 60, to death on Oct. 28, 2015, but claims it happened accidentally during oral sex, The Sun Sentinel reported.

He’s now seeking a judge’s permission to show the jury his penis — to prove her death was a mistake.

Patterson’s attorney, Ken Padowitz, said his client’s member figures prominently in his “rough sex” defense, which hinges on the argument that Marquinez died accidentally, while engaging in consensual sexual activity.

Padowitz has enlisted expert witness and former Broward County Medical Examiner Dr. Ronald Wright to testify that Marquinez’s death “is consistent with being accidentally sexually asphyxiated during oral sex,” the motion said.

He insists that a viewing of Patterson’s penis is integral to the jury understanding Wright’s argument.

“Although the object to be viewed is not a place but a part of the human anatomy, it is material and relevant, the view by the jury is essential for them to fully understand the Dr. Wright’s testimony and the defense in this case.”

Brooklyn defense lawyer Joyce David, who has used a variation of the rough sex defense in court, isn’t convinced that Patterson needs to disrobe in front of a jury. “Really, couldn’t they just make a mold or something?” she told The Sun Sentinel.

Padowitz has requested the the disrobing take place outside of public view, with only the jury, judge, defendant, prosecuting attorney and defense counsel present, according to the motion filed May 1.

“My client is innocent and we are confident when the jury hears the evidence and the scientific evidence in this case, they are going to come back with a verdict of not guilty,” Padowitz told the Daily News.

Marquinez’s son, Omar Andrade, 41, is calling it a “desperate” line of defense.

Patterson has requested that the judge allow him to show the jury his penis as evidence.

“It’s totally false. He’s a desperate man trying to avoid being convicted for the crime,” he told the Daily News. “He’s trying to do anything to not go to jail.”

Andrade described his mother as “loving” and “a great person overall.”

“She had no problems in her personal life or anything else to warrant anything like what happened to her,” he said.

Patterson is charged with second-degree murder. Jury selection will begin Monday.

11 comments

• twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Not really !
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Oh come on, twentyfive. We can view the thing and laugh at what a tiny thing he has. :)
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^I have much better things to do than to be on a jury and especially one where they will have to view some guys dick.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago

Of course his first name is Richard. What else could it be???
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Tricky dick!
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    No doubt, twentyfive, I've enjoyed the times on jury duty, it's been awhile.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    count me in. it certainly is unusual.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    In 1984 we had a rape Defendant show his dick to the jury to discredit the alleged victim who insisted she had significant powers of observation. He had a very visible tattoo on the dick which she never noticed despite the proximity and insertion into various orifices. He got 3-5 years, which is very minor, but bullied us, under threat of a complaint to the BBO to appeal the sentence only, seeking a reduction. We did so. The Court can also increase the sentence as he found out and he ended up with 10-12.
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    Question for skibum609: what kind of guy tattoos his penis?

Mostly a rhetorical question. I know the answer is "a non-brilliant guy." ;)

But I'm still a bit amazed by the decision. Somehow I suspect alcohol and/or drugs were involved!
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I'd prefer to be on the jury where the guy died from face sitting.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I've heard of a hung jury before, this must be a hung defendant.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion