tuscl

Strictly For SoFlo SCers and Visitors

Thursday, March 30, 2017 11:39 AM
Has anyone visited One formerly known as Take One since it reopened? I never been in Take One just through the entrance and back out.

5 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Take One has actually been around since the early-70s (not sure if it was always a black club or became one over time) - the original owner was a white-guy from Flint, MI and was actually shot to death inside the club one early-morning while the club was closed (it was a bit of an inside job) - New Times actually did a story on Take One and described its history (Google New Times Take One if interested). I started hitting Take One in the mid-2000s when I got into SCing - I grew up in Miami but was living in Dallas at the time and would come back home to visit Miami 2x/yr - I moved back to MIA end of '09 and started SCing again early 2011 - hit Take One every once in a while thru 2011/2012 until it started falling-off (barely any dances on dayshift and not that many on nightshift and it seemed as if at night the club was taken over by a very very young crowd that chose Take One as its hangout spot (most of the very young custies did not even look 21) - anyway the club sucked post 2012 or so but had some decent talent prior to that. It was recently reopened (tentatively) as "One" (after a year or so being closed) - supposedly it is now owned by Edgerrin James (former great Univ of Miami and Indi Colts running-back). "One" supposedly has had some soft-openings - I saw it open at least once on a Sat eve during Super-Bowl weekend; but have driven by several times after that and have not seen-it open, IDK what he's waiting for - and it's not for sure once it opens that it will be a Strip Club vs a nightclub or regular-bar. The place is supa-small so IDK how well any venue will work there unless they are very creative w/ the layout.
  • Dlee305
    7 years ago
    I saw Instagram video ads for it. It's a strip club but right now only opens on the weekends from 9pm to 3am. Have to be 25 and older. Women have to be accompanied by men to enter. It looks like they expanded it a little. No one added it yet so i am inquiring. The original owner's murder was a First 48 episode and I read that MNT article too.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I tried looking for a club website and couldn't find one - I thought I had seen one a little while ago but couldn't find one yesterday when I went looking for one - have you seen any website for the club?
  • Dlee305
    7 years ago
    I just saw an ad video on Instagram. Definitely wasn't our vibe.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    !
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion