tuscl

Daylight savings time.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I just noticed that my computer moved ahead 1 hour. Now I gotta go reset my other 7 time pieces. I wish we would just stay on daylight savings time year around.

22 comments

• woodstock
    8 years ago
    I completely agree. I'd much rather have daylight further into the evening than in the morning.

--woodstock
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Agreed!
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    I was thinking the same damned thing. We should all write our state and federal congressmen and request a bill to end daylight savings time.
  • minnow
    8 years ago
    I guess sc, ws, and gmd would hate living in AZ, and g95 would love it. AZ doesn't even mess with Daylight Savings time. The clocks there now match the clocks on the west coast. One clock I didn't have to reset was one in a late model Caddy with Nav. One of the things I'm learning to like in the newer model cars.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    There are movements underway.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5356717292001…
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    I can tell you that changing the clocks really pisses us off over here, but will they stop, no because the jock farmers whinge and whine.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    My problem with it is the asymmetry. Takes about a week to get used to having to wake up an hour early, whereas only a couple of days to get used to the extra hour of sleep in the fall.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    All time is the same to me, I only had one wall clock to change, everything else updates automatically. I get up when I want, go to bed when I want, retirement has its' advantages.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I have 2 clocks in the same car I have to manually change. Fucking Germans... Weird...
  • snowtime
    8 years ago
    I am all for year round daylight savings time. In fact, I would like to see them move it up two hours, not just one.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Blow me, dickbreath.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Maybe it's because I'm younger than the average tuscl board member but it doesn't bother me...my cell phone changes the time by itself...I have no other form of telling time other than my laptop or notepad but those change times as well ....ooo and my Kindle
  • VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    Changing clocks twice a year is so silly. Keep it standard time or daylight saving time year round. AZ has it correct.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Daylight Saving Time was useful as a kid because I would stay outside in the evening for an extra hour before the sun would set. As an adult, Daylight Saving is a nuisance and serves little purpose. I can come and go as I please, for one. And any hoped energy savings is likely moot or non existent, for two.

The U.S. Energy Policy Act of 2005 was a farce and reports where it took more energy to reprogram all of the infrastructure to deal with the new start and end dates than it would ever recoup in energy costs. This is the U.S. I think Australia did any earlier study than us, and came to the same conclusions which means President Bush (43) was an even bigger idiot (whom I voted for in 2000) than those in Oz.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    I would like daylight savings time all year round. Fuck conventional time, love the extra hour of sunlight regardless. I'm dead set against cancelling daylight savings time, though -- would rather deal with the once-yearly adjustment (the fall adjustment is easy, it's just the spring adjustment that's tough) thannot have daylight savings time
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    ^^^ That's why I love my flexible work schedule. Most people here start at 8 or 9 but I prefer starting at 7 or even 5:30 so I can leave earlier and avoid traffic. The downside is my days start at 4. o.0

That's what I meant by come and go as I please. That is why I think daylight saving is not needed. It's like the "farmers" argument. Q: Why wouldn't the farmer just set his alarm clock ahead an hour?

Do you guys not have similar opportunities at your workplaces?

??
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I don't like it when it gets dark early, always been more of a day person and would prefer DST year-round and currently DST is in effect 8 months out of the year (longer than back in the day if I remember correctly)
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    It was an energy saving measure to allow for more natural light so tradesmen could get more work done in daylight
  • Daddillac
    8 years ago
    So far there is nothing this group has agreed upon.... big tits small tits, big phat asses or spinners, condoms or bareback, politics dont get me started.... the list goes on and on. the only thing we agree on is that strip clubs should be left alone. I do not think we would make a very effective lobbying group.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    It's a good thing we all like different things, o/w we'd be constantly fighting over the same girls since there is only so much of one type to go around
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    True that.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I've said for years that I would prefer to just stay on daylight savings time. I guess I could always just get up earlier but others still follow their same ol late schedules and keep me busy later than I would prefer.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion