tuscl

How clubs wash your drinking glasses

sflguy123
Florida
Saturday, February 18, 2017 3:11 PM
I was at a smallish club about 2 weeks. This place has no kitchen so probably no dish washer. Behind/beneath the bar they have a metal sink with 3 separate small tubs. I watched as the security/lap dancer counter guy watched the glasses. Basically going from one sink to the other. Today I was in a different smallish club with the same metal sink. I watched as the bartendar poured some liquid from a gallon container that said something like Sparkler into the first sink. I guess this was dish washing liquid. She then took one glass and tipped it into the that sink for about 2 seconds and then another 2 seconds each for the other 2 sinks. Each glass spent under 10 seconds in the water. Then she would put them by the sink to dry. I mostly order beers so I don't deal with glasses. It just made me think about how clean these glasses at bars(not just stripclubs) w/o dishwashers really are. No scrubing probably no hot water. I also hate how they have the straws out in the open as part of the napkin dispenser. I will sometimes grap one of the small straws to play with it as I like to have something in my hand. Now don't get me started on the lemons and limes. Given what some of us do inside these clubs the cleanliness of the glasses might be the least thing to think about.

17 comments

• georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    Thread should be retitled "How virtually every bar washes your drinking glasses." It's been this way for as long as I can remember.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I think the there are health department rules about this I believe they need to have one sink with a sanitizing cleanser and a second sink at a certain temperature, maybe someone else here knows what the health dept regulation is but there is definitely a proscribed method and I'm pretty sure it is followed closely no one wants an outbreak of some sort that would close them down and the business might never recover from.
  • ime
    7 years ago
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    7 years ago
    This hobby is probably NOT a good one for germophobes when you think it thru.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Back in the day my brother had a friend that worked at a chain-restaurant as a waiter while going to college; he told my brother to never drink directly from a glass and to always use a straw b/c particularly the water glasses supposedly only got rinsed. A while back they were doing an undercover story about cleanliness in restaurants and the lemon/lime wedges were among the dirtiest b/c in a hurry many servers would just grab them w/ their bare-hand instead of using a utensil.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Strip club employees are universally people who just don't give a fuck. If that weren't true don't you think they'd be working somewhere else? Good idea not to trust people who just don't give a fuck with your food, drinks, or dishes.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    GMD +1 . it was the same way when I worked in food service like more than 20 years ago and and pretty much every bar does it this way I've seen since then. It is technically sufficient.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I always carry plastic cups when I stay in a hotel. Where do you think they wash glasses in a hotel room? The fucking bathroom sink!!!
  • jester214
    7 years ago
    If you're really worried about things like this you should probably only eat/drink at your own home.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    When I was in high school, I worked at several different restaurants as a bus boy or dish washer. You don't want to know!
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Yeah, I do, shadowcat. We can swap stories about restaurant cleanliness. LMAO
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Who knew that drinking out of the glasses was more dangerous than eating stripper pussy?
  • mjx01
    7 years ago
    what gmd said: "How virtually every bar washes your drinking glasses."
  • beguiled
    7 years ago
    Wait, now my eating stripper ass like I'm tha Human Centipede sounds kinda nasty. You should probably not use VIP.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    GMD + 1
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Where I live we have clear state and county ordinances, for alcohol and no alcohol. Either they comply or they get closed. SJG
  • MilaniCashhh
    7 years ago
    straws forever!!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion