tuscl

Groping at a strip club is illegal. Who knew?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Tuesday, January 24, 2017 11:03 AM
A 19-year-old Canton man charged with sexually assaulting a strip club worker had his case bound over to circuit court last week, records show. Shane Patrick Morgan is charged with fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct and assault with a dangerous weapon for an incident that took place about 12:56 a.m. on Dec. 31, 2016, at the strip club Deja Vu, located at 31 N. Washington in Ypsilanti, according to court documents. Morgan is accused of groping the female employee at the strip club, then turning over a table on her, said Ypsilanti police Lt. Thomas Eberts. The 19-year-old was arraigned on one count of fourth-degree criminal sexual assault, a misdemeanor, and the assault charge, a felony, Jan. 1 in 14A-1 District Court. A preliminary examination was waived Jan. 19 and the case was bound over to circuit court. Morgan is scheduled to appear March 1 before Judge Archie Brown in the Washtenaw County Trial Court. He remains free on a $5,000 personal recognizance bond, according to court records. Criminal sexual conduct in the fourth degree is a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than two years or a fine of not more than $500, or both. Felonious assault is punishable by imprisonment for not more than 4 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both. Morgan's attorney, Samuel Bennett, said he couldn't comment on the specifics of the alleged incident, but did say that Morgan is on the autism spectrum, which he will use as part of his defense. "Hopefully it will be addressed ... throughout the case," Bennett said.

9 comments

• jackslash
    7 years ago
    Wow! Ypsilanti, MI, is not far from me. I've been to that Deja Vu. It's a nude club without alcohol, and the dancers are not very hot. Maybe the "turning over a table on her" was what brought the assault charges. And it a dancer tells you not to touch her, you don't have a right to force yourself on her. What you should do is spend your money on another dancer.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    What he should have done is driven to 8 mile or Dearborn/Inkster.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    The grope was incidental to him turning over a table on her. That's a felony assault, as stated. I'm sure without that, this wouldn't even be a story.
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    When she said no, that means back off. Not taking the hit and demanding service is never a good idea. She likely lead him on(Oh Gee a stripper leading a guy on?? Heaven forbid!!) and he got pissed when she did not do what he THOUGHT she going to do. Jack I think you hit it. Nothing would have been said if he had not gotten violent. Once the cops get involved they search for things to charge you with because this type of call is a pain in the ass call all cops considers it a waste of their time so they are going to look up everything they can charge you with and through the book and kitchen sink in to boot.
  • footballguy
    7 years ago
    Since we don't know the details it's tough to know what happened. It just says an employee, so maybe touched a waitress. Or maybe he groped a dancer and the first time or two she told him to stop but then he continued to do it.
  • Electronman
    7 years ago
    Maybe clubs need to run a special promotion night for customers with an autism diagnosis?
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Shit !! What will Trump do if he can't grope pussy anymore ?
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    I'm sure the charges were only filed because of the table incident. If he really is autistic he may not have picked up on subtle cues. Non-ace! :(
  • Estafador
    7 years ago
    And someone in the crowd says "that's not fair. Mr. President grabs girls by the pussy!"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion