tuscl

Pretty accurate

11 comments

• poledancer83
    8 years ago
    Its not about validation. This is what I enjoy doing. I enjoy bringing in ideas and aspects of dancers.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    good read, thanks for sharing.

poledancer83......i realize this might be a captain obvious type comment/statement.............but would you agree that on average dancers/strippers are more sexually uninhibited than the average girl?
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    good article. nice hearing from the dancers viewpoint.
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    poledancer83,

I disagree - it IS about validation, but tittyfag. is full of shit (as are his usual comments). Validation is NOT a bad thing, and it isn't always about insecurity. Everyone needs validation - some more than others - because we are genetically built to be social creatures and affirming - or validating - our value, in our piece of society, is part of our makeup. Like the writer of the article you posted, you have defended your actions, and part of what you (perhaps subliminally) seek when you defend yourself, is validation.

So allow me to be a "validator" today. What you do is bring fantasy to life for people who need - themselves - some validation. It is a real need and your continued performance in fulfilling that need is no less important than what nurses and doctors do. Whether you are an always "clean" dancer, or become occasionally more intimate with some customers, what you do is a service that is valued by an actual majority of people. (even if many of that majority would prefer not to admit it in public)

Admittedly, American society is schitzo about everything that has to do with sexual intimacy. A county commissioner may make a long speech condemning strip clubs and the "seedy sex industry" at a Lions Club meeting then drive over to your club for a few lap dances and - if not caught on camera soliciting extras - continue to get the support of the DA (who probably has seen a dancer or two in the past month as well). But their problems are usually NOT yours.

Did you see Shadowcat's posting about the prostitution arrests? One ADA (prosecutor) got caught in the mess - I would argue that arrest makes my point about both schitzo America and the universal need for validation.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Good article.
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    Always makes me laugh when strippers say " I don't have sex with guys because I am not a prostitute".

Engaging in sexual activities in exchange for payment is prostitution. That includes strpiping.
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    *stripping.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    londonguy

never thought of it that way--interesting
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    Two parties to the same illegal conduct are no better, nor worse than the other. The idea that the one paying for sex is superior to the one selling it is simply how people justify things. Yup, me included and no I am not superior to my weed/hash dealer either.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    ^^^ We're all part of the food chain, just having a brain and an opposable thumb and the skill sets that go with that make us think we are higher on the chain than we actually are.

(To Poledancer83 I'd add: "You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals / So let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel" -Thanks for the interesting link btw)
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Kind of very basic stuff but still it was a good article to give people who know very little about strip clubs the perspective of a non-extras stripper.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion