tuscl

[OT] Best and Worst of Obama

IMO

Best: his decisions which helped the market and economy recover after 2008 crash. All the more impressive because going in he just described the fall as unimportant fluctuations. A guy who can change his mind on a major issue is good.

Worst: his (non) handling of Syria.

9 comments

• Dougster
    8 years ago
    Think there be a bug in TUSCL....

Let me see
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Best....??? Maybe not getting us into too many further war conflicts, although this can be countered that his avoidance of conflict has shown weakness allowing other countries who may not have our best interests in mind to fill the void from the lack of his leadership in the mid-east. Who am I kidding I am not privy to international policy, so how can we judge. He may also handled the racial comments made toward him pretty well, but alas not for the nation.

Worst- his rhetoric fueling the flames of another race war, and his smug disrespect towards law enforcement. When his administration shows up to several funerals of supposed victims of police brutality, we find out that the officers were doing justice and the perpetrator was really the supposed victim. Micheal Brown, Trayvon Martin, and someone else. I don't really pay attention to the details because I'm not into race baiting hyperbole that the liberal media wants to portray. Yet when his administration fails to show up for fallen officers who were ambushed, and disregard the families killed by illegal immigrants it shows he's got only politics in his game and is more or less cold and shallow.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Best: Campaigning. He is smooth and has a lot of charisma. He portrays a very confident and "cool" persona. I just wish he campaigned for homecoming king and not POTUS.

Worst: Leadership. I don't think I need to elaborate on this one.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Meat, you say that a black president wasn't black enough??? Interesting.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    ^^^Yeah, those are your words. Interesting way of interpreting things.
  • Spirit_of_Alucard
    8 years ago
    He was unable to appoint a Supreme Court justice that would have the courage to interpret the 2nd AMENDMENT in a way consistent with making the United States a CIVILIZED COUNTRY. I know that this will make me a target for VILE ATTACK DOGS but I am not bothered because I am on the side of making my country civilized and the VILE ATTACK DOGS simply want to play out aggressive FANTASIES in their heads.

REPEAL the 2nd AMENDMENT and OUTLAW the private ownership of guns.
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    Best: Beer drinking, flying around (a lot) on Air Force One, golf games, blaming Bush.

Worst: Just about everything else.

By the way, Obama "decisions" stymied market recoveries, until Soros and friends convinced him in late 2009 to back off and let the Fed just keep printing money until Wall Street was flooded with US$, allowing the stock markets to soar without any real economic recovery. Specifically, fewer people work full time jobs today than in 2008 AND the median income is still lower than in 2008. Notably, black full time employment (as a percentage of population) is lower than at any time since BLS records started calculating that stat.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Oh, sorry, dallas the markets started rallying in *March 2009* *not late 2009*, and Obama's policies definitely played a part.

Now I think QE played a minor role in the recovery for a while, but ended doing more harm in the end. Two problems with your argument: It's the Fed who independent sets monetary policy not the president. Second even if it was the president, then you are arguing (against yourself) that his decision to allow did help the recovery.

But I would expect nothing less from an idiot like yourself than a blatant self-contradictory argument. You didn't even make it past the first sentence there - dumbass!
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I actually agree with Dougster here his handling of the economy and the subsequent decision to not interfere with the fed's policy on QE allowed the markets to recover nicely. He actually was smart enough to keep his finger out of the pot.
    His worst was handling of Syria and not enforcing his stated red line in the sand, I do believe most of the problems with the refugee crisis, as well as the sharp rise in terrorist attacks throughout Europe as well as the attempts by lone wolf idiots, were emboldened by his vacillating position on going after ISIL .
    I also believe his record on race relations could have been more even handed and he should have leaned a bit more towards those institutions that we rely on, and less on the protest movements, he should have pointed out the hypocrisy of the protesters as quickly as he did with the police.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion