tuscl

Best Presidents!

Clubber
Florida
After tiredtravaler's list of "Worst presidents" topic, I thought a list of the best was in order.

The below shocked the hell completely out of me, obama was the FIFTH BEST!!!

Texas A&M Study Calls Obama 5th Best President in America

Good research work by a fine institution.

OBAMA RATED 5TH BEST PRESIDENT IN OUR HISTORY

From a total of 44 US Presidents, Obama has been rated as the 5th best according
to a study completed at Texas A&M University. The Public Relations Office at A&M
released this statement: “After only 7+ years in office, Americans have rated
President Obama the 5th best President in U.S. history.”

These are the results according to Texas A&M:

1. Reagan & Lincoln tied for first

2. Seventeen presidents tied for second

3. Twenty-three other presidents tied for third

4. Jimmy Carter came in fourth, and…

5. Obama was fifth.

23 comments

• mikeya02
    8 years ago
    lol
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Funny but Carter was the worst ever.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    Jimmy Carter, over the years, has caused more problems in the Middle east than Allah.
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    JS69,

I believe the obama disaster in the middle east, alone, is worse than anything Carter did.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    Carter and Bush Jr. were the worst presidents in my lifetime.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Funny
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Washington, Reagan, Lincoln, Franklin Roosevelt, & Truman top 5
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Obama has been phenomenal!

SJG
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    ^ LOL! Right! Reagan is the best in my lifetime. I can't honestly comment on presidents of the past because I didn't actually experience those days and historians are often prone to bias.

Carter and Obama were the worst, they were are both inept.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    ^^^^ You're right. For instance, Iran stuck their thumbs up both their asses
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Funny
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Lincoln, Roosevelt, Roosevelt, Jefferson and Truman are my top 5. A lot of people like to throw Washington in there but I don't agree.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Obama is definitely in the top 5.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I'm too young to know any POTUSs prior to President Reagan, who was incidentally the best POTUS I've known.

Honorable mention:
    + George Washington (in a parallel universe, he could have been groomed to have been the King of England. He was that good)
    + Lincoln (arguably he overthrew the first constitutional republic and replaced with his vision of a strong federal government. Good and bad. The 13th, 14th, and 15 Amendments in his wake still have ripple effects to this day).
    + Teddy Roosevelt (arguable the first POTUS to look out globally and intervene, hawkish on the environment, progressive yet conservative, intervened in labor without overtly supporting unions during strikes, he was hard on large corporations and central banks, an early POTUS to fight against corruption (money in politics).
    + Franklin Delano Roosevelt (the New Deal and public works were welcomed for the masses at the time. He got us through the Great Depression, helped institute Glass-Stegall Act, and got us through World War II to defeat the Nazi sonnofabitch. The capitalist class and the wealthy elite went along with it until enough was enough and Reagan started to dismantle the remnants of FDR's New Deal in the '80s.)
    + John Kennedy (civil rights and the "space race" for the Moon Landing. Helped us out-spend the Soviets and get to the Moon, first. I understand the Apollo project (NASA) comprised upwards of 1.5% of the budget. That was huge and would have NOT been undertaken unless it was a national security interest.)
    + Ronald Reagan (Iranian hostages, Supply side economics probably helped thwart stagflation but really didn't help wages for the middle class .. benefit was overwhelming for the affluent and wealthy, who were tired of funding wealth redistribution policies, Reagan over-spent the Soviets to oblivion, which probably escalated the collapse of the USSR at the end of the Cold War, cut taxes but kept spending for popular programs (medicaid, medicare, SS), deficit spending through selling bonds to the Chinese, neutral on his support for gays and funding for HIV/AIDS research -- largely affecting homosexual men, he wait until 1985 to fund and support the AIDS/HIV research. Reagan does not get proper respect from some vocal in the LGBT community, given the environment at the time. Until HIV come along, no one really had seen an infectious disease with a 100% mortality rate. Compared with infectious diseases he would have known -- Measles, Polio, etc., none of those were anything like HIV. Maybe he wasn't the best friend of the LGBT community, however, he was far from their enemy. There are just limits to what, how fast, how soon, and how publicly supportive a traditional values, religious, conservative politician can be. Tempered progress. Patient, young gays. Gay family structure really rocks the boat. Win their hearts and minds slowly.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Obama wasn't anything spectacular, but certainly not the worst. Bill Clinton and Reagan are the best.
  • dw.buck
    8 years ago
    Lincoln
    Obama
    Grant
    FDR
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    When he left office Truman was regarded as one of the worst President's ever. He is now regarded as one of the best. Obama will be regarded as the worst ever for just a few of the following reasons: Lost the Middle East, Lost the Far East, supported t he terrorist Arab spring; bowed to Islam; his apology tour; leaving Iraq against military advice and creating Isis as a result; losing allies like the phillipines, israel, britain etc. and last but most of all permanently destroying race relations in this country. Obama was never a leader and was given a free pass by the left. Just a slightly smoother version of the terminally stupid John Kerry.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Just a bit of truth to all Ronald Reagan, as great as he was, by winning the cold war, actually facilitated the the rise of all these terrorist groups that are our problem to this day. Prior to Reagan there was the struggle between the Soviet Empire and the US and our allies that kept most of the worst of these groups under control by using them as pawns in the cold war. With no centralized east v west struggle these groups splintered off to commit crimes on their own with no oversight from the major powers. what we are facing today is pure ideology with no controls over how it is used.
    Unfortunately the threat of modern terrorism and the manner in which it shows itself, is a direct result of Ronald Reagans policies.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I agree with Subraman: Carter and W were the worst presidents in my lifetime. Reagan, Clinton and Obama the best. None of them can touch Lincoln, Washington, FDR...but if you're not in a crisis it's hard to be an all time great.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    25, terrorism predates Reagan's policies, the 1972 Munich Olympics is just one example.
    No doubt Reagan's arming of and then abandoning the Afghani fighters in their war agaist the Soviets contributed to their hate against us but because of their hate towards western values they'd be fucking with us even if we stood out of that war.

Forms of terror were practiced by both sides during the Crusades. Fact is muslims have been fighting even amongst each other and practicing terrorism since the 7th century..

Extremism within Islam goes back to the 7th century to the Kharijites. From their essentially political position, they developed extreme doctrines that set them apart from both mainstream Sunni and Shi'a Muslims. The Kharijites were particularly noted for adopting a radical approach of Takfir, whereby they declared other Muslims to be unbelievers and therefore deemed them worthy of death.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Do the math guys, I think what clubber is pointing out as that Carter and Obama came in 43rd and 44th respectively. I'd switch their positions, but otherwise agree.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    @TheeOSU- Absolutely terrorism predates Ronald Regan's presidency that is not in question but remember the man was smart enough to pull our troops out of Lebanon when the marine barracks were bombed and his response was to send the USS Missouri to shell Hezbollah but never got us involved in country at the time that that happened. You sound like you are old enough to remember the PLO, then of course Fatah, which were the organizations involved in The Munich Olympics, if you remember they received funding and safe haven from Soviet client states, but this new round of terrorism has it's roots in much more hard core fundamentalism than what was going on in the late sixties and early seventies. Back then Fidel needed Soviet funding along with the original Muslim terrorist organization the Muslim Brotherhood and that funding came with checks and balances on what they could and could not do. Since the breakup of the Soviet Empire, these groups have been fragmenting regularly, as a result today's ally, is tomorrow's enemy and the original is never radical enough, so the next iteration is even more violent and more fanatical and so on.
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    Guys, I can't believe there is even a discussion here. Y'all respond as though that was anything other that a spoof topic. Really?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion