tuscl

Anyone in Dallas?

Sunday, January 11, 2004 5:46 PM
Hey, just wondering if any of you are in/near Dallas, TX. I'm going to be going back to work soon (not sure which club, yet, but will know later this week) and it would be nice to know someone to ease me back into the scene. I quit dancing for a while now, and every time I go back I get the new dancer jitters all over again! LOL I'm such a pansy-ass... :P

5 comments

• kamrynstarr
    20 years ago
    A few weeks ago would have put you in Dallas right at the holidays. The clubs are almost never busy during the Christmas holidays. I have driven by Penthouse several times in the past few months though and they were always packed, even in the day time. I've never actually been in there though, so I can't make a judgement call on it. However, from what I hear all the SC's in this city are not doing really well these days - at least not like they were several years ago. I would love to find a fairly clean club when I settle on one, but that is getting near impossible in this city right now due to the crappy economy and our stupid right-wing mayor. I really hate Cabaret - the atmosphere there is so stuffy and the guys act too superior for my tastes. I like a more middle ground, kind of how BBDD used to be in the early 90's. It makes the job much more fun when everyone is having a good time. I don't do well with the college crowd either, I much prefer older men because they are more respectful and can hold a conversation. Well, I'm not making a permanent decision anytime soon. I'm going to find a temporary, lower-end club to work in for a few weeks first until I get back into shape. Dancing is a tough job, you wouldn't believe how much those heels can kill your back and legs..lol.
  • WiseGuy
    20 years ago
    I was up there a few weeks ago. What kind of club scene do you prefer? Silver City seems very popular. The new Baby Dolls looks good but did not seem to have as many people as the old days. But its bigger too and the location is not great and not right on NW Highway. Penthouse Club looks good on the inside/outside but had few cars out front. The club is nice but it reminds me of a big gymnasium. The next three on the list are probably Lodge, Cabaret Royale, and Mens Club.
  • kamrynstarr
    20 years ago
    Actually, I'm fine as soon as my foot hits the stage. It's the waiting to get onto the stage that KILLS me!!! If I don't go up on stage as soon as I get out onto the floor my first night back - watch out!! I'm gonna be one drunk ass lady! LOL
  • niceass
    20 years ago
    >>>every time I go back I get the new dancer jitters all over again! LOL That's hard to believe. I'd have thought it was like riding a bike, once you learn, though you be out of practice, you never forget.
  • dusty
    20 years ago
    I do too... its not like riding a bike LOL... each new club is a new enviroment.. but it ususally only takes a day or 2 to get used to it again LOL.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion