tuscl

5 nasty realities of work in a hooters-style breastaraunt

chessmaster
Illinois

9 comments

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Oh well, I never thought their food was that great. The last time there with a former friend, he was a jerk to the waitress. We parted ways soon there after, because as a Roman Catholic, he tried to defend his affair with a married woman. I told him he was not a good Roman Catholic. He didn't like that. Oh well. I stopped seeing his ass. His loss.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    Like the orange running shorts and tank tops at Hooters. Thing is, you can go to the gym and see practically the same thing -- without paying for overpriced, shitty, food.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    the burgers are pretty good... especially at the thousand oaks cali hooters. best hooters i've been to.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Have been to Hooters maybe 5x in my life and last time maybe 10 years ago - never been to the Kilt or Twin Peaks (none near my house).

Compared to a strip-club I see Hooters as a waste of time and I don't find most of the Hooters chicks that hot.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    tilted Kilt has some pretty good garlic and french fries. twin Peaks food is pretty good. I look at these restaurants has a nice alternative that serves a dual purpose. Nice looking waitresses and in some cases some pretty decent food.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Lol
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    These places actually to me sound kinda stupid. Because they are not strip clubs, the have to deal with these kinds of complaints.

Oh well. Have to eat somewhere.

Probably Tilted Kilt has them in the best uniforms, skirts plus semi high heels.

Viet Coffee much better.

Some strip clubs do have food.

SJG
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    The upside to these breastaurants, if there is one, is one can probably turn one in on a company expense report and not get in trouble (yet) with the IRS. Ditto for taking family, kids (hopefully over 18 yo, at least), friends, or business colleagues. It's sort of a notch below strip clubs on the social acceptability hierarchy.

My problem with them? Everyone in the transaction is kidding themselves. It's like a feminized, Politically Correct strip club that isn't. They might as well be at an actual strip club. Plus the food is typically better at the real thing. And you actually enjoy it more.

That's my take.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Some women I know are already offended by such places.

I mean even if what they see is not offensive, consider their hiring practices.

But also, many cities try to impose these "adult entertainment" laws. Want to steer clear of those. And that is where the kidding starts.

But it is also cost. If it were really a strip club the girls would be expecting much more $.

It is usually over the employment practices that these places have had troubles.

So yes, everyone is kidding themselves.

So far they have always come out okay in court, "essential business concept" being the principle they can invoke to justify their hiring.

But in San Jose's Viet Coffee shops it is even better, and in that kind of non-corporate business, no one needs to kid themselves.

SJG

Amy Winehouse I love you more than you'll ever know LIVE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=362JArvh…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion