tuscl

Ay Yo DJ!!

knobsnbobs
L.A. All Day
Inspired by Goth's discussion regarding things that turn you off/bother you at clubs, I want to address DJs at clubs. I was going to just comment but I then I realized this is a discussion in itself. There are good and bad strip club DJs and after going to several clubs I realized there is an obvious difference. A DJ can seriously make or BREAK a club experience. What are examples of good club DJs and bad club DJs for everyone?
I personally HATE it when a DJ constantly interrupts a song to throw in his own comments that he thinks are clever or funny.
I love it when a DJ is laid back and lets a girl do her thing for her two songs.

16 comments

• Jascoi
    8 years ago
    fully agree. and that dj wednesday nite at synn had marbles in his mouth.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    and i like it when a dj plays good music and not the gangsta rap. these girls need to get some good culture. def lepard. prince. michael jackson. eagles. and soooo many more. with no talk over. (and full length). ha.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I would really appreciate it if the DJ would play the whole song, and not cut it off with a minute left.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    and while i'm at it... good latino music. so much good stuff out there erique eglasis. pit bull. shakira. j low.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Like:
    1. A dj you can understand
    2. Mix of music not just rap
    3. Not watching me and the dancer
    4. Only talks when saying the name of the dancer

Dislike:
    1. Can't understand what they say
    2. Only plays rap
    3. Watches me and dancer(he's not a bouncer he's a dj!)
    4. Talks too much
  • knobsnbobs
    8 years ago
    I actually liked the DJ at Synn last wednesday! He didn't talk too much.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    8 years ago
    I agree that a DJ can definitely make or break a club experience. The worst one that I came across was at a black dive in Atlanta. Non-stop talking and one liners and ridiculous song cutting. He was so annoying that I cut my visit short and went to another club.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Can't stand obnoxious DJs that never shut their mouths. The Platinum Plus chain is famous for that. Not sure if it is the club policy or the DJ himself but running the songs together so that it is difficult to keep track of how many songs you got.

Good DJs play the kind of music that each dancer likes and tries to pair them up according to their likes when there are multiple dancers on stage.

I like the ones that just introduce the dancer and then STFU.
  • K
    8 years ago
    I have never known a dj to enhance my clubbing experience .
    Introduce the dancer then shut up and play music
  • knobsnbobs
    8 years ago
    They don't enhance it that often, but they can MOST definitely fuck it up lol.
    OH! and the unbelievably rude thing some DJs do that I can't stand: When they call guys out directly for not tipping the girl on stage, or complain about no one tipping in the middle of the song! When has doing that ever convinced guys to walk up to the stage and tip?!
    If anything that discourages me from tipping because some asshole with a microphone commanded me to do it. I will usually throw a dollar or two up on stage if a girl has no tips or no one is sitting up there even if Im not into her just to be nice.
    But seriously, many guys are already a bit iffy about being at a strip club especially if they're new there. Calling them out will just make them want to leave.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    i agree.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    The best DJ I knew was my brother. He played the songs full length.
  • knobsnbobs
    8 years ago
    Hell yeah
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    maybe we expect too much. butt full length good music and no talk over would be sweet.
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    I never thought that I would miss annoying DJ's until I heard the RoboDJ at DVCOI. What an annoying piece of shit. Way worse than a human.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    at least robo stays quiet until the end of the song.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion