tuscl

Husband of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUvxRjYq… I'm happy for the few friends that are still married. I have 2 couples in mind that have been married since shortly after high school in the 70's. I watched my brother and sister get married. My sister married a creep, we didn't realize that until after, when he abandoned her and their 3 children. My brother was a drug-addicted musician who couldn't support the marriage financially. I know this is a touchy subject for many here. This song by one of my ATF rock bands sums up to a great extent what can happen. The guitars on this band were awesome. Surely there were good times, surely there were bad times. All of you have my sympathy. I mean it. I was too cowardly to commit, yet I still have the hankering to spend the rest of my life with my woman. Am I nuts? Seriously, I am crazy. I've gone places, did things no sane man would do. I love this life. I'm glad I was given a second chance after dying on the operation table and brought back. Talk to me, guys.

8 comments

• ime
    8 years ago
    Nah man it is natural to want to have a companion in life.
  • K
    8 years ago
    Are you happy with her? if the answer is yes, fuck what we think.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I don't have one currently, K. The last one I lived with for 1/2 a year and yes I would have married her.
    She was kicked out of the country after overstaying her visa. I wasn't about to do the Green card routine. For 10 years, I'm legally obligated to support her. What if it didn't work out, and I was screwed tor the rest of those 10 years. I didn't think I wanted that. I meet plenty of civvies these days, I'm quite active. Should something work out, I'd get married. I want the experience once in my life.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    I was married a grand total of 35 years before the divorce. at 32 years we split up. i should have done that a long time ago.

I now can see marriage if you have a wonderful kindred spirit type of relationship with a woman and have spent some time together before actually getting married.

if I were to get married again we would also have to be with the prenup and the understanding of an open relationship.

my experience with marriage is been extremely costly financially. my four kids are good and are nice to be around.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    The constant companionship of marriage (or LTR) is nice. I don't know that I would necessarily worry about missing out on something though.

I think the green card system has been abused by both sides. So I guess a balance or guarantee had to be struck.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Don't need no ball and chain!

http://www.vevo.com/watch/social-distort…
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Well, I'm at 30 years and counting. So far, it's been good. I don't see anything on the horizon that is likely to change that.

Frankly, she's put up with me for this long, what's a few more years?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Glad to hear it, george. I know people make it, the rush may fade, others carry a torch forever.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion