tuscl

OT: Men's 100 meter finals

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Damn that Usain Bolt is a different species - for a second there I thought American Gatlyn had'm but Bolt just seems to have another gear no-one else has and ended up winning it definitively.

37 comments

• ime
    8 years ago
    Papi that's a compliment but also racist you cannot talk like that in today's USA in it species insensitivity.

Papi you on ignore.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    With that speed he could probably long jump 30 ft if he hits the board right
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Ime I second that

Papi chulo on ignore
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Mikey your comment too was insensitive - mikey on Ignore
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Usain is an amazing athlete, I watched his interview, he's astute and very talented.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Bolt shows off too much - Bolt on Ignore
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Papi I would laugh but I can't see your comments
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Papi's avatar on double ignore....
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    How about the world record in the 400 meter final. Damn impressive.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Bolt is in a league with the greatest Olympians of all time. Even with a crap start he pulled off the win.

I'm not sure that he has a gear that others don't. It's more like once he's in it he never comes out of it. Everyone else starts to break form or slow down a tad. Despite the fact that it's an anaerobic race, he has the capacity to run flat out without going into oxygen depletion. He really is a specimen!
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Don't hijack my 100-meter thread Corvus - Corvus on Ignore
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ATAC used the 's' word - ATAC on Ignore
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    Good!

I'll start my own damn thread! Besides, you ruined the 100m for me. I'm watching them warm up right now. Haven't even run the race on my TV yet.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Oh fuck - you mean they're not showing it concurrently on the other time-zones?
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    Nope, i believe the west coast is a couple hours delayed from the east coast delay to make sure they get EVERYONE in prime time. NBC sucks it on olympic coverage. The reason you have the big ticket events live REALLY late at night in Rio is because NBC asked the organizers to schedule them that way for their ratings.
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    Yea, for the most part NBC coverage sucks, but no worries Papi. I expected him to win anyway. I think his starts always look awkward, due to his height. Once he gets going and stretched out he just flies down the track. It's fucking amazing to watch.

But I still think that 400m run was damn awesome too.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I'm putting everyone not in the Eastern time zone on Ignore for lagging behind
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    I'd respond to you Papi but I have you on ignore!
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I agree. The NBC coverage is horrible.

I understand that women's gymnastics is highly rated so they want to show it in prime-time (on tape delay) but on their very own 6:30 newscast (eastern time) they revealed one of the winners. I'm guessing it might have been unintentional. The network execs must having steaming. Since I knew the winner already I didn't bother to watch
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    Gatlin should never have been allowed to enter. I'd have booed him as well if I'd been there. Cheat.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I wish the coverage wasn't so focuses on women's gymnastics and men's and women's swimming events, too. That's why I'm so happy to see Track and Field events now. Yay! Something different! :)
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    That 400 meter race was one for the ages! Right around a 0.15 sec destruction of the old WR! van Niekerk also seems like a really nice kid.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    The different sports don't tend to run concurrently although there is some overlap - usually most of the swimming events are on week-1 & most of the track events on week-2 - thus for the most-part them showing a lot of swimming is not at the expense of not showing track
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Papi, I meant surely there were some *other* week 1 events (kayaking, wrestling, judo, archery, whatever -- I don't know because all they were showing was swimming, for the most part).

I know swimming and Track are different weeks for the most part. That's not what I meant.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Don't know what you're talking about. They've been on 3 or 4 different channels at once, all showing different events
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I only get one channel. The one NBC feed. Are there multiple NBC channels with Olympics in your area or are you watching on cable? I guess there was online streams, but I didn't check those out. Are those what you are talking about?

Also, why no basketball shown during week 1?
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    If you get 3 of 4 channels of Olympics then I am envious. I do no get that. My other "NBC" channels are showing things unrelated to the Olympics.
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    Guys, It's metre, not meter. I know you are still stuck in imperial over there but try and pay attention :-)
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    We talk American over-here lg, not English
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    LG, thou dost shittest me

It's not Chaucer's English anymore... :)
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Rudisha (Kenya) ran the 600m like a sprint (flat out) rather than an endurance race. Wow!! Incredible. And only 1-2 s slower than his previous world record.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago

"Also, why no basketball shown during week 1?"

Dominic,

You don't get CNBC or MSNBC or NBCSN?

I just have basic cable - no extras - and I have 4 NBC channels showing the Olympics. I think the USA Network even had some weekend coverage.

One of the channels showed all the USA basketball games. One evening I came home from work to see the US struggle to beat Australia
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Londonguy,

Gatlin got caught. But it wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if Bolt was doping. Too much circumstantial evidence. He just hasn't been caught. And I'm not singling him out. Probably all the elite ones are.

• Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Motorhead: No, I don't have cable. No paid TV for me. I try to keep my bills as low as possible.

I just get (1) NBC, (2) ABC, (3) CBS, (4) FOX, (4) Public Television(4 feeds), (5) a Warner Bros. affiliate station, and (6) a Spanish Channel. All OTA (over the air) with a roof-top aerial (antenna). So really 6 channels. 9 if you count the extra public television (WVIZ - 25.1, 25.2., 25.3, and 25.4).
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Sorry ^^

if you like watching any of less popular sports like rowing, or shooting, or archery, or even boxing -- you only get them on the cable NBC networks.

I bet soon there will a la carte Olympics. You will customize what events you want to see

I
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    They also use USA, MSNBC, NBCSN, TNT and a couple others. our HD receiver has a couple extra HD channels as well. The problem though is all I can seem to find is frickin' soccer, water polo and field hockey oh and don't forget the equestrian. I could care less about watching a horse trot and do side steps. Soccer isn't bad and some of the basketball is ok. Indoor volleyball has been ok. Fencing did get a little bit of attention and there was a few minutes of shooting, archery and discus but it was just less than a minute here or there. If you aren't home during the day you don't get to see ANY of that stuff. I got to see some last Friday and throughout the weekend but if not I would've never known about any of it. They could at least give it a little mention during prime time instead of the sob story back stories.
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    Motorhead, You are right but to be banned TWICE and still being allowed to compete? There probably are some that haven't been caught but I don't think Bolt will ever be caught, if you'll pardon the pun. Bolt has a natural ability to run faster, very fast. He's the very last person that 'needs' to cheat because he doesn't need to.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion