tuscl

OT: San Antonio....

crsm27
Minnesota
Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:58 AM
Any suggestions on hotels close to the airport and/or places to eat. Good BBQ place would be appreciated. Thanks

6 comments

• crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    I dont know that area, but I know you can go see where Davey Crocket got his ass kicked.
  • crsm27
    8 years ago
    thanks
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Rudy's Bar-B-Q on I-10 access road, just north of entrance to The Dominion. This is the north side of town, north of 1604. There are lots of hotels near the airport, especially along the I-410 loop.
  • crsm27
    8 years ago
    Thanks Jack
  • Tucky70
    8 years ago
    Hotels in San Antonio are variable. There are lots of conventions and special celebrations that randomly book up all the hotels, making it hard to get a reservation and/or the prices go way up. The one hotel that I have found to be both acceptable quality (to me) and resistant to this problem is the Holiday Inn Express NW Medical Center (on Spencer). It is handy enough to the airport (near the junction of Loop 410 and I-10. Unlike any hotel closer to the airport, the parking is free and does not require an access code, but there is always enough of it. The hotel is near the northwest branch of I-10, which has a good assortment of dining at normal prices (not Riverwalk prices). County Line barbecue is pretty good, or it's a short run up I-10 to Rudy's if you want real Local Color. I-10 going the other way offers convenient access to downtown and the Alamo.
  • crsm27
    8 years ago
    Thanks Tucky.... with two people saying Rudys.... I will need to make a stop.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion