tuscl

Detroit 2 AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
DETROIT (WXYZ) - Detroit police are investigating after the manager of a strip club was shot leaving the business early Wednesday morning.

Police say the man was walking out to his car with about $700 from the Chapeau Vert Lounge around 2 a.m. when he was approached by the suspect. We're told the suspect shot the man in the stomach, stole the money and fled.

No arrests have been made at this time. The victim is expected to be OK.

12 comments

• motorhead
    8 years ago
    Geez, I bet they don't bring him the wrong brand of beer the next time
  • bvino
    8 years ago
    He reported $700.00 I suspect that is less than he really lost.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    If I remember correctly this was Rech's favorite place to take a shit.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Nice !! Another fun in Detroit episode. I used to tend bar, late at night on Detroit's west side a few miles North of Chapeau Vert. I never knew what would happen when someone would come in, I had a panic switch to be sure, but I had to reach it should a robbery occur. Fortunately, nothing of the sort ever happened.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    Why would the manager be carrying money from the club at 2am? There are no banks open to deposit. Put it in the safe and take it to the bank in the morning. Unless it was his own cash at which point you just have to be smarter than that in Detroit.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Those were kickbacks from the strippers?

Maybe Ricky Dugan was there greasing up the staff and the robber knew about it because he reads the boards here?
  • clubdude
    8 years ago
    I'm surprised he had that much money collected from the "Vert". With Telegraph Rd on one side and residences on the other, SOMEONE had to of seen SOMETHING!
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I just saw a story on local news tonight. It was the owner, which explains why he tried to take the money out. Too many of our local criminals will bust into a business overnight to make a robbery. It has to be a setup.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Coming out of a club by yourself late at night especially after it's closed & few if any people around sounds like a dangerous proposition & does not sound like the best time to be walking out of the club w/ a lot of $$$
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I guess the owner of this club does not read TUSCL & not familiar w/ shadow's 2 am posts, else he might have acted differently
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Chateau Vert is not a fancy place, but it's been around forever. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the customers was the robber.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Just $700.00 I would think it was probably his own money I have never been to the above mentioned club but I cant imagine that small amount of cash being the evenings take.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion