tuscl

It's a long ways to nowhere

I made it to the only strip club in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It wasn't a bad place, 6 dancers, BYOB, 3 of the dancers were mighty fine. More to follow in my review.

19 comments

• chessmaster
    8 years ago
    How many white girls?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    All 6 were white. 3 were redheads, one was a blonde, the other 2 were brunette white women. All around early 20's I'd say.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Follies style extras?
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Did they have their own teeth ?
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Did a bear come?
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Vince, as long as you're in Rock in the Upper Peninsula, you should drive a couple hundred more miles to Copper Harbor. The snow must be mostly melted by now.

Big Bons strip club is over 400 miles from Detroit. I hope it was worth the drive, but I'm skeptical about how fine the strippers are up there. You've got to share some pictures.

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I think the local bear had sex with a birthday party of 8 at the club, they kept going out to smoke pot. I was getting a contact high from their clothes. jackslash, I went up to the Eastern side of the UP via Indian Trails busline. My sister picked me up from the bus station. After getting my car up and running, it was a 150 mile drive west to Rock, a pleasant drive along a lot of the Lake Michigan shoreline. My sister claims all the snow has melted in the woods, but up in the Keewenaw Peninsula, one never knows. I'll be posting a review later tonight about my experience, I went up there with low expectations, and they were exceeded.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    My review of Big Bons in McFarland, Michigan has been published. It has the feel of a neighborhood bar, it isn't fancy, but we don't go to a strip club for fancy, we go for mileage. The mileage I got was high, I like the place.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I didn't check their teeth, and i didn't see any bears other than the bouncer.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Only open 2 nights a week?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    3 or 4 nights, shadowcat. I saw a sign saying Thursday, Friday, Saturday. They might be open on Sunday, I don't know. Because no alcohol is served, they are open until 4 am, so one doesn't have to worry about 2 am'ers. :)
  • bvino
    8 years ago
    You are a pioneer. Good work. We should have an award for behavior above and beyond. Maybe a badge.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Aw shucks, I went up expecting to take one for the team. I'm glad good mileage happens in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Hey Vince us oldtimers know you always need to check the horses teeth before you buy it. You must be one of those younguns get off my lawn.

; )
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    OK, twentyfive, I'll get off your lawn. I'll rev the Vette up, pop the clutch and get off your lawn, oldtimer. :)
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    jackslash - here are some photos.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/columnis…
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Thanks, shadowcat. That sums up the club well, I looked at that article and it helped to convince me to go. I'm glad i did. If I'm ever on the west side of the UP again, I'll stop in.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I loved the road trip aspect to this. Way to break out if the grind. I hereby nominate VM to either the "Ferdinand Magellan of TUSCL" award or the "Captain James Cook of TUSCL" award -- depending on which explorer you identify with, Vincemichaels.

Bravo!
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I like Cook. Both were brave adventurers of the sea. To think of the distances covered in an unknown environment was a tribute to both of them. I'm certainly not like them, I sail, I have the greatest respect for water. I've done sailing experiences that were death defying, but that's me. Brave and strong. Thank you, Dominic77.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion