Lexington KY clubs

jackob85
Kentucky
I have been going to various SC in Lexington KY for the better part of 10 years now and have seen a lot of clubs open/close/rename/reformat. Right now it seems Camelot West is done, Camelot East is on the verge of losing liquor license. I don't tend to go to the current incarnation of Fillies/Paradise City or whatever it is currently called (just not my scene). This means choice is looking more and more like Divas, Cowboys, Platinum Dolls (multiple renames), Deja Vu (18+ club with no alcohol so a skip), or Spearmint Rhino. Today I drove by SR and it looked like a lot of the signs were off of the building. Is this an indication of trouble there? Does anyone know if Lexington is having some sort of silent but effective pressure on the clubs to change/close? I really hope not but I worry this could be sign of changes in the city as a whole and basically the rest of KY is terrible for clubs with limited contact and virtually no extras elsewhere in the state. Ohio and Indiana are already terrible SC states if you ask me and TN seems kind of scary. What is a PL to do?

9 comments

• chessmaster
    8 years ago
    They won't stop until the entire country is a strip club wasteland... Whoever "they" is.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    In all seriousness, I think the pl's on tuscl have too high expectations in regards to extras specifically. Pasties are minor imo so long as good dances and alcohol can be had.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    It seems many a once good SC area are no longer - seems good SC areas are on the decrease vs increase - seems many localities don't want SCs in today's PC world.

I wonder if SCs stuck to being in out of view industrial areas if they would be more left alone.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Shit
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I haven't been to Lexington in a while but may be there later this month. Plat Plus used to be the go to place for me. Not sure what I'll do now.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Agree with papi.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ me too
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    There are certain things that draw unwanted attention and extras, as well as crime in general, is one of them. The key is to stay out of trouble. Eventually those that don't like will make enough ruckus to draw attention to it and if they're doing anything rong or out of the ordinary, they will get pressured to shut down from the opposition through bogus laws and regulations.
  • maho
    8 years ago
    Head up to Detroit for a few days.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion