Atlanta suburb
My thanks to all that served.

14 comments

• CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    and gave their lives.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    of course i thank all that serve, have served, and will.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    Yes thank you for your service.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Yes. Peace would not be made if not for the brave.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Yes. Thank you to all who served.

I remember running into a guy in a strip club who I thought told me he was a WW2 vet and he told me he really liked these go go bars. I'm happy to say I'm doing my part to keep them running by being a customer. Dancers would have it rough if all the customers in an area suddenly went on leave for 6 months at a time.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Hey guys Memorial Day is about remembering and honoring the war dead, not about thanking vets
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Powerful pic Mikey and yes Memorial day is for the dead veterans not the living.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    many confuse Veterans Day and Memorial Day, but EVERY day we should honor our military.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    my follow up to the original post, "and gave their lives." was to point out the differences.

the below is sicking....

http://www.infowars.com/video-americans-…
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    Yesterday, while playing with my grandson, I took a moment to think about my Dad -WWII, his Dad WWI, his Dad - San Juan, PR, his dad - War Between the States, and the collection of my ancestors (Mom's side, too) who fought in the French & Indian wars and the Revolution as well as most of the conflicts since 1725. My little brother and I (Air Force and Navy) never went to war. (Though my little bro got a Silver Star while in Korea in the early 80's - he can wear the award, but will not tell the story!) My son (Marine) was fortunate to not be sent into combat. About three hundred years of my family living on this continent and we are still free to choose our own future.

(There is some Cherokee in my lineage, but I refuse to claim that connection simply because it as just one man seven generations ago and I and not a liberal named Warren looking for freebies)

May all who fought be remembered as sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, our brothers and sisters as well as defenders of our freedoms.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    we all have a history. many likely to have ancestors that were in the first war in mesopotamiain between sumer and elam.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Let's not forget the wounded warriors while we honor the dead. Many of them left large pieces of themselves on the battlefield, whether physical or mental, and are still suffering.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Memorial Day is for those that died. Veterans Day is for all who served. Frankly, I've grown sick and tired of all the veteran worship in the past 15 years.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion