tuscl

3:30AMer Dallas

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs

2 comments

• motorhead
    8 years ago
    The article says "Club Onxy". I assume they mean Club Onyx.

Do journalists even go to college anymore?
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    This is an all-black club I used to visit while I lived in Dallas in the mid-2000s - there are 4 Club Onyx around the country (Dallas, Houston, Philly, Charlotte) and they are supposed to be upscale black clubs owned by Rick's that own the Rick's clubs around the country and clubs like Tootsies in Miami.

Most Dallas clubs (SCs, bars, nightclubs) close at 2:00 a.m. b/c of the no-alcohol past 2 a.m. ordinance - some stay open later w/ no alcohol being served.

Onyx Dallas is one of those clubs that stays open late and past 2: 00 a.m is often when shit goes down b/c a lot of the riff-raff from the spots that closed at 2 a.m. concentrate in the few remaining open spots.

When I used to visit Onyx Dallas it was often cool till 2 a.m. - past that time is when one saw the fights.

Perhaps the article did not describe it correctly but it's not clear if the shooting happened inside the club or outside (they just stated the fight occurred inside the club) - most shootings in this type of club happen in the parking lot or on the street near the club b/c they do a pat-down for weapons - and when I visited Onyx Dallas they either had a metal-detector or one got wanded.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion