tuscl

OT Spurs lose to OKC, western conference finals to start monday

NinaBambina
Who the fuck is Ninabambina?
Friday, May 13, 2016 8:31 AM
Bye Manu, bye Tony, sayonara! OKC beat them! They will now face off against the Warriors this Monday. Should be a great series but Golden State will take it. My guess is Golden State in 6, although I wouldn't be surprised if it went to a game 7.

26 comments

• chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Nah okc gonna win. And Westbrook is gonna shit on curry so nasty.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I would have rather than Warriors play the Spurs, who seem to be an easier matchup for them than OKC. However, on the season the Warriors are 3-0 against OKC, as well as having home court advantage in this series. Logically, the Warriors should win, and selfishly I hope it pans out that way. As far as Westbrook shitting on Curry, did you watch all three of their matchups this year?(I did). Did Curry even guard Westbrook, or was it Klay Thompson and Iggy? Didn't Steph hit a game winning buzzer beater from like 33 feet?
  • Meursault
    8 years ago
    I wish I could believe that OKC has a chance, but I don't see it. They do not match up well against Golden State. I wouldn't be surprised if this was over in 4 or 5 games. I hope I'm wrong though. I thought the Spurs would kill them so maybe I'm misjudging the chances of a two person team against a team that plays excellent defence and can score from anywhere.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I really like KD, and Russell Westbrook *might* be growing on me. But, the Warriors have THE scariest opponent in the world to defend (Curry, who can score literally from anywhere, at any time), plus Klay Thompson, who's probably the second best shooter in the league besides Curry (Thompson holds the NBA record for most points in a quarter at 37), plus Draymond Green who's incredibly well-rounded, a candidate for defensive player of the year, one of the league leaders in triple doubles. Plus SO many key role players, their bench goes so deep they regularly have 6-7 guys who can come off the bench and actually contribute. One of their bench players is a former all-star, Olympian, and last year's finals MVP. Not to mention one of the league's best coaches, Steve Kerr, who led them to a championship last year, won coach of the year this year, and spent many years as a player on the Bulls, alongside Michael Jordan, learning from him and learning how to win championships.
  • GACA
    8 years ago
    OT: ok Nina *might* be finally growing me, too bad she isn't a Lakers fan
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I think the Warriors will win the series, I just wonder how many games it will take. I hope KD stays in OKC for next year. Who ever wins that series is gonna have a long road ahead of them. I predict the Cavs will go into the finals undefeated and well rested. I actually sat down and watched a Toronto/Miami game all the way through on Wed night and both of those teams are horrible.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Via Shailynn "I think the Warriors will win the series, I just wonder how many games it will take. I hope KD stays in OKC for next year." For loyalty's sake, it'd be nice to see him stay in OKC but he most likely won't be winning a championship with them any time soon as I expect the Warriors to at least threepeat. KD really wants to win a championship; it is a possibility that he could sign with the Warriors next year and win that championship. Just a possibility though. I feel bad for KD because he deserves a championship. Re the Cave, they pose no threat at all to the Warriors. The Cavs have been playing in the JV playoff league which is called the eastern conference; they won't be ready for either western conference team that prevails.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I also think the Warriors will win the series, but it's gonna be a tough tough series (7 games). I think the Warriors would have much rather preferred playing the Spurs. The Warriors have no answer for Durant, and Westbrook is gonna do his thing. They are gonna kill the Warriors on the glass. I think the key will be the Warriors limiting OKC's role players (Kanter, Adams, Waiters). It should be a fun series, I can't wait!
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Why can't more girls be into sports? :)
  • ww
    8 years ago
    @Meursault, you didn't really misjudge the Spurs, it's just you never know when it comes to that team. They could either blow you out or phone it in. On paper they have the components, but they don't really have the motivation. Coach Pop and that team always play at the same even keel, which can win games most times, but they don't switch to another gear when the need arises, like some teams do when they switch from regular season to playoffs.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I hope the Warriors win otherwise they will be just like all of the other teams to have historic stats but in the end fell short. I would like to see the Warriors & the Cavs in the final that should be quite a series.
  • eyeamlong
    8 years ago
    OKC,,, Will win the series 4-2 ...
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    ^that's hilarious.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I'm a Spurs fan, and Kawhi was nowhere to be found in the 4th quarters of game 2,4, and 5. The Spurs should have won all three of those games. It just seemed like they chose to run their offense through Aldridge and Parker in those fourth quarters. It makes no sense, Kawhi is by far the best player on your team, and he finished second in the MVP voting this year. Sigh. Maybe Kawhi needs to be more selfish and demand the ball. He also needs to get better as a basketball player, Durant outplayed him in this series.
  • Niked9
    8 years ago
    Spurs had an incredible regular season, 67 wins vs OKC's 55....(there's a 12 game difference!) but playoffs are a different beast. Spurs made some crucial errors in game 5 where they let a 9-point lead slip in Q4 and paid the price. OKC were literally written off after game 1 and people were saying Durant won't stay next season and the team will fracture. Warriors in 5 (or 6 max).
  • Niked9
    8 years ago
    yes, Parker only had one good game 3 and shitted in game 5....what were they saving their best player Kawhi for
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Wait...basketball is still a thing? I thought it went away when all the great players retired! (Jordan, Ewing, Johnson, Bird, Barkley etc).
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    ^rong! Lebron, nowitzki, duncan, d wade, Chris paul... All still playing!
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Double rong! Curry, Westbrook, Durant, Leonard, Davis and George are all superstars too!
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Basketball is still a big deal around here with the PLs. I think the Cavs win it all. Nina is right they have been playing in the JV league but they will be well rested and ready for whoever they face, which will be a tired and possibly depleted team. This is the best shot LeBron has with this line up.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Whose Leonard, Davis, Westbrook, George? Lol
  • pensionking
    8 years ago
    Anybody but LeBron!
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    "Whose Leonard, Davis, Westbrook, George? Lol" Mrrock, Leonard and Westbrook both finished top 5 in league MVP voting... In fact Kawhi Leonard finished 2nd, better than Lebron. Pensionking it's OK, common sense tells us if the NBA finals come down to Warriors vs Cavs, it's an easy win for Golden State. They handled them with ease in the regular season and have far more depth, talent, and chemistry than the Cavs along with superior coaching.
  • rogertex
    8 years ago
    Enjoy the moment Nina. We'll be back.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Hmmm.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    "common sense tells us if the nba finals come down to warriors vs cavs..." not gonna happen.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion