tuscl

Rambling Local Atlanta stuff

Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:15 PM
Wow, Insurance companies are the worst. Recent in the new Allstate increased my auto almost 2x. What dumbass is going to pay $3000.00 a year for a 2007 Yarius? No Tickets and no claims. 24 years as a customer. that is not the sticker.. Damn that want you to send proof of other coverage. So they lost a home owner policy and Auto. On Another note for you Follies guys parking at Plaza Fiesta. Ever go inside? I don't know if it was a good day or not. But Tuesday I went there for lunch. The Chicas walking around inside.. WOW. I am going to have to do more research. I need to learn spanish in order to find the good food. If anyone has suggestions let me know. I had tacos and a coke. I would love to find some good tamales with a view. Is it possible to get alerts for post to a discussion you didn't start?

7 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    You can never go wrong with tacos.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Of all the many times I've driven my Yarius to Follies, for some reason I've never been tempted to check out the surrounding neighborhood. Aside from the fact that it's a shitty neighborhood, why would you want to check out women with their clothes on right next to one of the best strip clubs in the country? Please note. If you posted this high then never mind. I understand.
  • MrBater2010
    8 years ago
    John, I actually just went there for something different to eat. I don't know the inside joke but chicken fingers get old. yeah, it is a shitty neighborhood. Back in the day Northlake mall for lunch was nice for people watching and eye candy. Took my mind off of wanting to kill most everyone I worked with. You can understand how much willpower it takes to not stop there everyday as I drive by at the end of my day?
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Last time I was @ Follies in the first week of April I drove up on a Saturday afternoon and was gonna park in the Pep Boys on my left but I overshot it not being familiar w/ the area - I turned into Plaza Fiesta and almost couldn't get out - they had some kind of fair taking up 1/2 the parking lot and it was hell trying to get out once I went in the parking lot to get out again to go park at the Pep Boys (I didn't see a single spot available in the plaza) - I think that plaza only has one way out so it's a PITA even on a good day to try and get out and it was a nightmare on that day - I'm always up for some eye candy and did see a lot of young dark-haired Latinas walking around looking sexy. w.r.t. insurance - I once read one should switch every 2 years or so - supposedly many carriers will give you a good quote at first to get you as a custy then start jacking up the price with time so then it's time to switch to another carrier that wants to lure you as a new custy - but I've also heard it's bad to go w/ a no-name carrier b/c then the big ones may not want to bring you on.
  • DroidX
    8 years ago
    The neighborhood may be sketch, but some of the best ethnic food in Atlanta exists within a mile in either direction of Follies. I can list 5 places that will blow your mind, after you've blown your load at Follies.
  • MrBater2010
    8 years ago
    List away or send me a message. McDonalds is old and one shouldn't exist on that road. I eat a Donnie's every now and then, but that stuff is really bad for you. There is a place "First Wok" that is ok. I have not been to the Rusty Nail in a long time. I have been to Havana a few times. I see a few place that are busy on the way home, but they are really on the wrong side of the road. I have still yet to stop and get coffee at a place suggested by I think Shadowcat.
  • Timbuck12
    8 years ago
    +1 on what Droid said. Buford Highway is a mecca for foodies.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion