tuscl

NFL Draft?

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
Thursday, April 28, 2016 4:19 PM
Seems like there's not much love for the NFL here. A thread here and there, mostly whining about Brady, but the NFL draft starts in less than an hour and not a peep. I don't know, the NBA is always a hot topic but the NFL rules major sports, just not here. Any predictions or wants for your teams? Myself, living near Cleveland and suffering through years of the Browns dysfunction I'm still looking forward to watching the draft, how about you guys?

37 comments

• larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I do love me some NFL, but I don't follow college football, so I don't know anything about the players potentially get drafted, plus ESPN shoves the draft coverage so far down our throats. I'll pass on the draft.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Fair enough Larry, I agree but it's really ESPN bowing to the NFL regarding the coverage. Roger Goodell has leveraged NFL interest into a year round subject even as his rule changes have somewhat pussified the league. We haven't had anything to cheer around Cleveland for years so for many of us the draft is our superbowl even though through all of the regime changes the Browns always blow their draft pick choices.
  • GACA
    8 years ago
    RAIDERS baby! !!
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I try to watch the first round every year. Mel Kiper for President of the Hair Club for Men
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    Bengals baby...who dey!
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    I hope the Chargers draft some guys who can block
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    I just hope the Browns draft somebody that can actually play the game and stay clean and out of trouble off the field (cough) Johnny Dysfunction.
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    Don't forget josh gordon OSU. at least we share a love for the buckeyes!
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    No I didn't forget Josh. Even though he's friends with Manziel I didn't want to lump him in the same sentence. It just seems that poor Josh loves his weed a little too much. It's a shame, he had the potential to be among the best ever NFL receivers and he just can't keep it together. The shame is I've seen him speak on TV several times, he's just a quiet guy, not a thug or diva, just loves the weed too much.
  • warhawks
    8 years ago
    I'm watching the Draft right now. I never miss it each year. It's the only time of year I can pretend my Detroit Lions actually have a chance each year.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Great another year for the Browns to fuck up some more draft picks. I feel like the fans of the Cleveland Indians in the movie "Major League." "I've never heard of these fucking guys?" - during the first round.
  • warhawks
    8 years ago
    I wonder if Roger Goodell ever gets tired of being booed every time he walks to the podium before each pick? It would be hilarious if at one point he just gives the crowd the finger and yells FUCK YOU! into the mic. lol.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    I honestly don't care about the draft. I just want to watch the games. 95% of the players I've never heard of anyways.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    I'm at the club now awaiting the Vikings pick
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Browns trade back for the second time to get more picks they can blow LOL Impressed that 3 Buckeyes have been picked in the first 10, #s 3, 4, + 10, GO BUCKS! :D
  • warhawks
    8 years ago
    And now #16. 4 OSU players already taken in the 1st round.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Meet the new Browns, same as the old Browns! The new Browns regime is just as incompetent as all the previous regimes since they came back in 99. Obviously needing players at several positions including wide receivers and with all of the wide receivers still on the board they pick at best the 3rd or 4th rated receiver, someone they could probably have had in the second round. :-( They still have 12 more picks to blow, 6 in the next 2 rounds.
  • Chanel
    8 years ago
    Waiting to see who the 'Hawks no. 26 pick will be. I find the off season front office moves interesting. I also like watching the beginning careers of players coming out of college. My favorite from the draft last year was Marcus Mariota. Maybe because of the northwest connection- I followed his college success with the Ducks. So, even though I'm a Seahawks fan, I'll watch a Titans game as backup (if the Seahawks aren't playing) but they aren't usually broadcast in my area.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Seahawks have great personnel running their team with a good plan. Redskins just picked the best receiver, who the dummy Browns could have had, at #22. @Warhawks, I get a laugh out of the constant boos every time Goodell walks on stage,he deserves those boos.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    5 OSU picks in the first 20! Vikes get the second best receiver, who the Browns also passed on.
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    I definitely not a browns fan but I think u guys will be ok with Cory coleman.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    ButterMan, he wouldn't be my choice but we'll see how it plays out. I'd rate him third best receiver at best. All I know is they have a long way to go to catch up with the rest of the division and the rest of the league and it's been like that since The real browns moved to Baltimore in 1996, the guys here are imposters!
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    since 1999 that is.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    TheeOSU, sort of a semi football watcher, but the draft, no real idea. i know they always say he was a # 1 pick. not how many there are but 5 in 20 seems a lot.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    i do like many of the cheerleaders.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Cara, there are 32 teams so normally there are 32 1st rd picks, but this year 1 team forfeited their pick, so 31 total. 7 rounds total x32=224, plus about 35-50 added picks for teams that lost free agents to other teams. So yes having 5 of the first 20 picked from your school is very impressive. BTW, I like cheerleaders too :D
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Don't show up in a video smoking weed. Laremy Tunsil dropped out of the top ten and cost himself millions. Dumb ass.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    motorhead, as i said, i don'r follow football a lot, but there does seem to me to be an abundance of very stupid men involved.
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    I was raised in a football family. Me and my folks watch every single college game that's on tv. I watch NFL and the occasional hockey game. My folks don't watch NFL but they do watch college basketball. I think watching golf is more exciting than watching ANY basketball. We watch nascar but my dad watches the whole race live. I record it and watch the whole race in about 30 minutes. Sometimes my folks will watch MLB but I've boycotted baseball since around '95. I still collect baseball cards though. Go figure. My folks also watch college baseball and softball when it's on. During college football season my folks have been known to have as many as 6 or 7 tv's in the den with a different game on each plus 1 on the radio. It absolutely blew mrs sea's mind the first time she saw it. Given all the above we could give 2 shits about drafts. We don't know any players and don't watch anything about sports except the actual games. Now, what y'all will love is mrs sea absolutely HATES sports but she married into a sports fanatic family. It drives her bat shit crazy.
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    Well, I take that back about my folks and the NFL. They will have different games on different tv's but it's just background noise for them. They don't sit and watch NFL games like they do with college.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    From CL87 "...but there does seem to me to be an abundance of very stupid men involved." Are you referring to the NFL draft or TUSCL dicussion posters?
  • warhawks
    8 years ago
    @theeOSU... What do you think about the Lions picking the OT from OSU? Was that a good pick in your opinion at 16? I honestly don't know a thing about him. Other than we could always use OLine and Dline help most years.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    ^^ Decker was a 3 year starter and was the leader on offense. You never know for sure how a college player makes the transition to the NFL but I expect that Decker will be a day 1 starter. I would have had no problems if the Browns picked him instead of the undersized wideout.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    flagooner, the time line even you should be able to figure it out. motorhead, Don't show up in a video smoking weed. Laremy Tunsil dropped out of the top ten and cost himself millions. Dumb ass. CaraLynn87, motorhead, as i said, i don't follow football a lot, but there does seem to me to be an abundance of very stupid men involved.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Regarding my second post referring to the NFL draft being Cleveland's super bowl, Cleveland was #1 in viewer ratings for the draft, Columbus #2, Dayton #4, Ohio loves football! Possibly because our strip clubs stink? [view link]
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    I like watching football, but my wife lives and breathes it! I often joke that I am a football widower. We can watch just about every game in peace, tranquility and general agreement. However, when the Pittsburgh Steelers play the Miami Dolphins, all bets are off. She has been a rabid fish fan since Bob Greise was the QB (She was introduced to him by her cousin when he was still at Purdue). Michigan vs Notre Dame is another bad week. I can't win. If Pittsburgh or Michigan
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    I like watching football, but my wife lives and breathes it! I often joke that I am a football widower. We can watch just about every game in peace, tranquility and general agreement. However, when the Pittsburgh Steelers play the Miami Dolphins, all bets are off. She has been a rabid fish fan since Bob Greise was the QB (She was introduced to him by her cousin when he was still at Purdue). Michigan vs Notre Dame is another bad week. I can't win. If Pittsburgh or Michigan win, I lose because she's in a bad mood for a week. If Miami or ND win, I lose because I hear about it all week! That said, my male friends all envy me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion