tuscl

Prayers up for Steph Curry

larryfisherman
California
It was revealed today that he has a sprained MCL, and he will miss at least two weeks. In all likelihood he will miss the entire second series against (the winner of the Clippers and Blazers series, in other words the Warriors will be playing the Clippers in the second round).

I don't think the Warriors can beat the Clippers without Steph. In about a week or so Steph will be named league MVP. I'm a Spurs fan, but I don't want to play the Warriors without Steph. If Steph isn't able to come back in the playoffs this year, there should be a asterisk for whoever wins the championship this year.

It's just sad news.

32 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    I can only imagine how much dancing LeBron James is doing today.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Tough break, that's the way the ball bounces
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Yeah LeBron is throwing a party today, he might actually get that ring for Cleveland now.
  • WetWilly
    8 years ago
    So much depends on one guy....
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    Larry, I'm a Spurs fan too and no one put an asterisk after the winner a few years back when the Spurs lost Duncan, or was it Parker during the playoffs.

And if the Warriors cannot win without one guy then they are not very good after all. Whether or not they can beat the Clippers without Curry, I don't know. But they looked plenty good without him yesterday.

Tough luck is just that.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I never wish an injury upon anyone but stuff happens.

My favorite NBA player Paul George was out all last year and the Pacers missed the playoffs.

The 80's Bears could have won 2,3, or 4 Super Bowls if Jim McMahon had stayed healthy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Steph seems injury prone – hopefully it won’t be something that will plague him thru his career – hopefully he lifts weights but if he doesn’t then he needs to get stronger.
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    Well if they make an asterik for whoever wins this year then they need to make one for the warriors last year since lebron was without kyrie and love. Just say'in it's only fair.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    @Corvus- I believe that was Duncan's second year in the league when they missed the playoffs. They can win games without Curry, but they can't win the title without him. That's like taking Brady off the Patriots, or LeBron off the Cavs. Curry is the MVP of the league this year.

Injuries do happen, but the Warriors were the heavy favorite to win the title, they had the best regular season of all time, and Curry is the MVP. I just want to see them defend their title at full strength.

@motorhead- when Paul George went down, the Pacers weren't gonna be any good anyway, they had just lost their second best player Lance Stephenson to free agency.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Valid point ButterMan, but the Cavs didn't lose their best player, and the Cavs weren't the heavy favorites to win the title.
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    True larry but they were in the finals against the warriors minus 2 all stars.And kyrie in particular is a damn good robin to lebron's batman. I'm not sure if they would have won with those guys healthy or not but you gotta think would have been a whole more competitive at the very least.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    After with butterman. If there's an asterisk after whoever wins this year, then there should be an asterisk after the warriors win last year. Not only did Cleveland not have love and Irving but they managed to avoid the spurs, clippers and okc and played houston minus 2 starters.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Agree*
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Chess, last year the Warriors actually had the best record in the league. They didn't avoid anyone. The Clippers beat the Spurs in the first round, the Rockets beat the Clippers in the second round, and the Warriors played the Rockets in the conference finals. They just played who was in front of them. I agree on the Cleveland thing though, I obviously would have liked to see Cleveland at full strength in the Finals last year.

Why am I defending the Warriors? Go Spurs go!
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    Hopefully it's warriors-cavs this year with everybody healthly. It will be fun to watch. Watch out for the winner of the OKC/spurs match up too.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    The NBA needs to do something about this East vs West, maybe some realignment or something. The Cavs have a cakewalk to the finals, but the Spurs (who finished about 10 games better record wise than Cleveland) have to play Oklahoma City in the second round. It doesn't seem fair to me. They always talk about how LeBron gets to the Finals every year. He gets to the Finals every year because the East is so weak.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Yeah – I think all sports should do away w/ the divisional crap and just have the teams w/ the best records play each other with the highest-seed playing the lowest-seed and so-on – that way we can get the best teams playing in the championship game and not just one that got there b/c it was in a weak division.

In the NFL for instance – there could be an 11-5 team not make the playoffs and a sub-500 team make it b/c they won a sucky division.

• larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Prayers up for Chris Paul too. He just the Clippers Blazers with a fractured right hand. He surely is done for the year. The Blazers might win this series now. The Warriors can definitely beat the Blazers without Steph Curry.

I hate all these injuries happening to the top players. Why can't it happen to the scrubs?
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I just saw the news about Paul's hand. Might even things out if the Warriors play them next round. Very strange timing for both injuries.

I agree something should be done about the lopsidedness of the talent on the west vs east conference.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Nothing the NBA can do about it. You can.t deprive fan support for the East teams by depriving them a chance for the playoffs. There would be too many meaningless games
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I'm talking about spreading the talent, not changing the playoff format.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    That doesn't seem very likely either. Players get drafted, not assigned. I don;t mind the way things are.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Players also get traded and sign during free agency. I'm not advising a specific solution, it's not like they can just slide a good western conference team over to the eastern conference; then they'd also need to create an expansion team on the west. That would be a start to spreading the talent, but I doubt that is a realistic option. The facts are that the western conference is extremely more talented than the east, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    And I agree with Larryfisherman... Kyrie and Kevin Love being injured isn't comparable to the Steph being out... Not only is Steph his team's MVP, he's the league MVP. Lebron being out is the only logical parallel. Not to mention Steph is going to be league MVP twice in a row while he team has had the best regular season record twice in a row in the stronger conference. Take out LBJ and we can talk. The Warriors had a better record than the Cavs last year who were playing in a weaker conference than the Warriors; the Warriors were simply the better team.

If the Warriors end up playing the Cavs in the finals and everyone is healthy, it won't be a close series. Warriors are by far the more talented team and the Cavs have zero chemistry.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Steve Kerr announced as coach of the year!
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    And there should be an asterisk after that too considering Walton coached a bunch of games at the beginning of the year not to mention all the other candidates that could of won.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Luke was on the ballot, too. I don't think there should be an asterisk next to that because Steve was still involved, even when he couldn't play. Luke did a fanstastic job, but when a team breaks a record for best wins in a season, it would have been a snub IMO had he not won. I also feel Steve got snubbed last year, so getting snubbed twice in a row would've just been ridiculous.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Damn - Nina is hot & she knows her sports - now I really wanna bang her

:)
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    For the record, when I said Steve Kerr couldn't play I meant he couldn't be on the floor coaching. This isn't the 90s lol.

And unfortunately for Luke, he was just interim coach. He will still get credit for doing a great job, but Steve was still involved even when he couldn't be at the games --- Steve also shaped the team into what it was, giving Luke a fantastic team of talent, chemistry, and style of play.

• larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Nina dropping knowledge today. I disagree with her on Steve Kerr though. He only coached 39 games this year, not even half the year. If he had coached the whole year that he should have won it hands down. Not to mention the fact that Luke Walton actually had a better record than him this year (39-4) vs (34-5). I think the Boston or Portland coach would have been better choices.

• larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    That makes sense, maybe Steve Kerr deserved it then, disregard my last paragraph.

Nina seems to be a smart lady, beautiful, knows her sports, likes her weed, not to mention she doesn't make her man do all the work in the bedroom, I'm sure there's a long list of people that wanna bang her!
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Now the news is Blake Griffin is also out for the rest of the season.

So the Warriors will play either a Clippers teams minus Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, or the Trailblazers. I think they can manage either, and that should hopefully give Steph's knee time to heal before the Western conference finals.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion