tuscl

How long does THC stay in your system

georgebailey
Catalina
Anyone tested positive?

18 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    Isn't it typically around 20-30 days as long as you don't use methods to try to flush it out quicker?
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    Up to 30 days for a piss test and up to a year if they take a hair sample. Last I heard anyway.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Lol. The piss test is not remotely accurate that long. I have a friend who flushed her system and passed a piss test the next day.

Part of why it's so insane when NFL athletes fail pot tests is you basically have to smoke up that day to fail
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    Don't you have to drink like 2 gallons of water to flush your system out that quickly?
  • ellocohombre
    8 years ago
    Back in the day the positive level use to be 200 nanograms. MF dropped it to 50 now that's bullshit. You could not smoke for 3 weeks and still piss a 50.
    We all know you could smoke tonight and not be stoned tomorrow morning. But that is not what big brother says. There have never been any comprehensive studies done on the affects of marijuana. They try to compare it to alcohol. You could drink 2 six packs tonight and be below .08 tomorrow morning. You know damm well as I do you are still hung over though. But the government says that's OK.
    In the States that it is legal you can smoke at home legally but get fired at work the next day because fuckin corporate America thinks they own you 24/7. How fair is that.
    TBC can stay in your system 30 days or more. It depends on how much you smoke and how many fat cells you have. Pump the water and piss a lot. If they take hair sample your screwed.
    Get a self test kit and check yourself every week. Go to your local head shop and get some cleanser, they work.
    Good luck. Free the weed.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Everybody has a story about how fast so and so "flushed" their system. Unless you're using some serious stuff it takes a few weeks minimum to cleanse the system, perhaps longer given some variables.

Hair is longer but less common as a test. Shave, or go extremely short if you're concerned.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    The piss test depends on a lot of different factors. First, is it frequent or infrequent use? Infrequent use can usually be undetectable after 3-4 days, whereas frequent use can linger for weeks and even months. THC stores itself in the fat cells; people with less body fat will test negative more quickly. I've known people who still dropped dirty after almost 2 months.

If you want to pass a piss test, diluting your urine with water helps (make sure to take B vitamins so your pee is yellow and doesn't look diluted). Also, visine literally makes marijuana undetectable. I had an ex who had to do random drops and he'd dump visine right into the sample and test negative every time while smoking regularly. I thought it was an urban myth, but it consistently worked for him when nothing else did.

If you are worrier, you can go to your local CVS and buy a drug screening kit for $20-30, and get the results at home within minutes. Better safe than sorry.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I don't get drug tested but the info is good to know just in case. Visine hides the effect of weed in my eyes, good to know it works in urine too.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Hair is a super expensive test to run.

I personally passed a test 4 days after smoking without any serious effort, but I'm an occasional user.

If you like weed and your company actually does random drug testing, consider a new job.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    All day if you do it right!
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    My company does do random testing arguably for good reasons. I would never throw away a good job over it but I do miss smoking. I do it very occasionally but I've never tested positive and know I'd have some wiggle room if I did.

I've often wondered about who is doing the testing, are they all that reputable?
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    estimated 2-3 months. This should be common knowledge by now
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    @DaOnion, that won't do anything. What happens is the THC actually sticks to your fat tissues and enters your bloodstream. No amount of water will do anything more than make your pee clear....for the day. Best way to speed up detox is by building up a massive sweat (working out, running SEX [not by much] etc.) eating foods like chicken and beef and SOME flush consumption.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Who does the testing? Most big cities have clinics that collect samples. There are labs that then test the samples and send out results. The actual testing is probably run by 22-25 year old recent college grads with degrees in biology or chemistry. The companies are pretty reputable, at least as reputable as the people testing your blood samples when you go to the doctor. I'm sure there's a degree of "Lab X is higher quality but more expensive while Lab Y is a bit cheaper with slightly lower quality of results".

Obviously mistakes can be made, and in many cases if you test positive for a urine test you often end up retesting, either hair or another urine test. Obviously at-will employment states have more leeway to kick employees to the curb for any reason. Meanwhile in the tech industry, any company with a drug policy would quickly find themselves sorely lacking in talent pool.

Also complicating things are states with medical marijuana laws.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    @NinaBambina only the cheap drug test would miss the visine. Places like walgreens, CVS, Old Navy etc would get fooled by that. In NYC Walgreen, Duane Reade, CVS and Rite Aid just quit giving out drug tests usually because everyone they get as employees (we're talking cashiers, stock workers, maitenence crew etc. BARRING pharmacy technician) are usually stereotyped to smoke weed and they would have VERY few employees to keep a smooth company running otherwise.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    "visine literally makes marijuana undetectable. I had an ex who had to do random drops and he'd dump visine right into the sample and test negative every time while smoking regularly. I thought it was an urban myth, but it consistently worked for him when nothing else did."

I bet listermint works for this too! Listermint = brilliant!

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    "@NinaBambina only the cheap drug test would miss the visine. Places like walgreens,"

Estafador - When my ex was being drug tested it wasn't with cheap CVS kits, it was at the parole office. He would pee right in front of his parole officer, and not once did he test positive using that method. He did it ALL the time. His parole officer never once detected the visine, and he completed his parole on time while smoking regularly throughout.

If they want to be even more serious than a parole office and have taken to a lab and specifically tested for visine, that's an entirely different story.

With regard to drinking lots of water, that only helps the day of the test, before you pee. The object is to drink so much water that the THC is diluted enough to be undetectable in the small urine sample cup. To do this you would have to drink water until your pee would be entirely clear, but if the tester is one to get suspicious of pee that looks like water, you would have to start taking B vitamins the night before so your pee can appear normal and yellow, but that will only be a side effect of the vitamins. This method is risky, but can work.

Again, buying a home testing kit to screen yourself is a good way to find out if you are even still testing positive for it. If I were being drug tested in the neat future and had any doubt, I'd do that and then go from there.
  • rattdog
    8 years ago
    if weed is of the utmost importance to you i suppose you could save some urine from a non-smoking friend in a vial.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion