tuscl

what is enough ?

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 6:34 PM
If you don't give two shits about retirement and your not giving two ducks about getting rich....how much is honestly enough to cover the rainy day shit in life ? $50k, $20k, 10k, $5k ?

12 comments

• san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    [view link] LADY MACDUFF Sirrah, your father's dead; And what will you do now? How will you live? Son As birds do, mother. LADY MACDUFF What, with worms and flies? Son With what I get, I mean; and so do they. ************************************************** Never seen this written anywhere, but I've always interpreted these words coming from a child as a play on: 25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? ****************************************** And this has been in the Whole Earth Catalog since 1979 and I agree with it. [view link] Live a good life and things will go well. None of us know the future, but one thing is for sure, money cannot protect you from the inevitable or make a bad life good. Duke! Duke! Duke! Long Live! SJG John Coltrane - Blue train [view link]
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    What can I get for 5? Anyting....Anything? Anyting.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I think you need at like $35 so you can buy some Chackin Fangers, Four Lokos and a nudie mag at the 711. You then should have enough money left over to buy a used xbox360 game at Game Stop. That should keep you occupied on a rainy day.
  • 72_os
    8 years ago
    U could always play 1¢-2¢ poker online with a bank roll of $100
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Before Obama's recession, conventional wisdom was you needed 6mos salary in saving to survive a potential unemployment/ long term disability period. In Obama's new economy, you need 12 mos.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    $5K is a good start. What I am doing is putting the rainy day fun into 12 mo CDs, where one matures each month. It's not yet 12 mo full expenses, but I should get there before too long. I'm using the CD as a forced saving issue. I think the vast majority of "shits" are less than one month expenses for most people. But it is good to have more than that (since multiple "shits" can happen one after another). My 2¢
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    Depends on how you live when it's not a rainy day. If you are already maxed out - with mortgage payments (for 2 houses), car payments, child support (or children you support at home), credit card payments, etc. then you need more to hold you over. The more money you make - the more expenses you are likely to have. Also, it can take much longer to find work if you are laid off. From my perspective - I'd recommend $80,000 for a 12 month period (after taxes are taken out). $40,000 half year -
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    [view link] [view link] SJG "I don't know if my men can kill" [view link] Charles Mingus - Moanin' [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Please read carefully, above is a troll registration and a troll impersonation. SJG
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Just live pay check to pay check...like the rest of us
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    San Jose Guy, what is it about Barney Frank that you find so appealing? Is it his liberal politics, or is it because he is light in the loafers?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion