tuscl

Tuscl Financials

Friday, April 8, 2016 1:13 PM
You can certainly go it alone when it comes to managing your money. But you could also try to do it yourself when it comes to auto repair. In both areas, doing it yourself is a brilliant idea for some, and a flawed plan for many, many others. Mastering personal finance requires many hours of research and learning. For most, it’s not worth the time and ongoing effort. As you get older, busier and (it is hoped) more wealthy, your financial goals – and options – get more complicated. A financial helper can save you time. Financial planners can also help you remain disciplined about your financial strategies. They’ll make the moves for you or badger you until you make them yourself. Procrastination can cause all sorts of money problems or unrealized potential, so it pays to have someone riding you to stay on track. We’re not suggesting that you ignore personal finance and turn over all your concerns to an adviser. But even if you know the basics, it’s a comfort to know that you have someone keeping watch over your money. It may sound crazy to give someone 1% of your annual assets to manage them, but you get a buffet of advice about almost anything related to personal finance. The price becomes sensible when you consider that you’re paying to establish a comfortable retirement, save for your child’s college or choose the right mortgage when borrowing hundreds of thousands of dollars.

9 comments

• sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    Anyone reading that with any kind of significant investment portfolio probably already has an FP. I know I do. Those that read it and say "huh?" would probably not be needing it anyways.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Good grief, I run into these douchebags that I went to high school with and college all the time who are investment guys that try to lure me into their office for a "review." Now the same thing is on TUSCL?
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Nope
  • Duke69
    8 years ago
    Shaggy whhhaaaaattt ???
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I've already put all my money in strippers' thongs.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    What sclvr said is true and shailynn's remarks are also true. Once you reach a certain level of net worth, you most likely don't have as much time to research the markets the same way that the financial professionals do, as your time is more productively spent earning money in your chosen profession or business. If you want to make your money work for you certainly need good advice and good advice costs money. Think about it this way if you have 401 investment plan or even own shares in mutual funds you are paying for that advice either directly through commissions when shares are bought, and fees that all funds charge for management . In order to maintain a diversified portfolio of equities and other instruments someone needs to keep on top of it. With that being said, a good financial advisor is a worthwhile investment, but the best managers do not need to solicit business, the usually have as much as they can handle. I have never used a financial advisor that solicited me, I think that is an area where you need to do some research and find a manager who has a strong record of earning money for his clients. I do use the trust department of a national bank as an advisor and the fees are on a sliding scale, the more money that you have being managed the lower the rate charged. This topic is quite extensive and the amount of information that is out there is exhaustive it would take volumes to cover it properly, best to do your research first than formulate a list of questions.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    What?
  • warhawks
    8 years ago
    As sclvr said... Huh? ;) As jackslash said too: I've invested all my money in stripper g-strings. It's safely tucked in there. I figure it's better than putting my money in a mattress.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    A better suggestion would be to go on Stripperweb and ask how to invest your nest egg.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion