tuscl

Baltimore Block: Any advice?

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
In 2008, this very helpful review of the Baltimore Block was published: https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=5…. But that was 8 years ago, more than a life time in strip club years.

Anyone have more recent updates that compare across clubs: which ones to visit and which ones to avoid? Is the Block still worth a visit?

9 comments

• shailynn
    9 years ago
    Carry a gun and wear a bulletproof vest and you'll be fine.
  • Electronman
    9 years ago
    Hmmmm. I was hoping for a different type of thrills from a visit to the Block.
  • ArtCollege
    9 years ago
    I have limited experience, but I think the block itself is pretty safe. Lots of people on the street. Getting to and from the block might be more of a challenge. Use taxi or uber to get in and out.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Look at the TUSCL article posted January 9, 2016.
  • Jackmd
    9 years ago
    Yes Baltimore's block can be an interesting experience. You can go from a stripclub ( Hustlers) to a brothel type experience ( almost any other club) by taking just a few steps to the next place. Expect to be hounded hardcore and upsold quickly. It helps to be an experienced PL. Some firmness is required. Safety is better during the dayshift than nightshift but it is still reasonably safe. Only an occasional 2AM er. There are several articles and of course recent reviews for guidance. Just do a search on Baltimore block. Overall I find the Block to be a hardcore fun time. Searching for that hidden gem among the clubs is part of the experience.
  • Electronman
    9 years ago
    Thank Papi. Helpful article that I missed in my search results.
  • Eagle1191
    9 years ago
    The block is a fun place but know other then the Hustler Club anything goes at all the other places. Hustlers is the only true strip club there as the other places will allow you to go pretty far as long as you have the cash.

As for safety theres no issues during the day shift and most times the block will be empty unless theres a ball game going on so you will have the chance to have the pick of the liter. At nighttime is usually when the drug pushers and the cops are out patrolling which is when you need to be a little smarter about what you do. The block has had several raids over the years and many people who get caught are usually the ones doing something foolish at night time. The clubs are crowded at night time and some only open at night but thats also when cover fees, and upselling really come into play as its the prime time that they get business. Theres also more dancers at night but also more chances of running into the ROBs or the dancer who is there to give you very little for to much money.

The Block is not as bad as it used to be due to the police cracking down on them hard at times but if your going to do something dumb or "go for broke" then stick to the day shift.

• Electronman
    9 years ago
    By way of a follow up, here is a brief synopsis of a recent visit to four clubs on the Block. I posted it as a review of Chez Joey, which was the best of the four clubs that I visited.

During an afternoon visit to the Block, I stopped by several clubs, all located in close proximity of each other. A quick synopsis and then I'll describe Chez Joey in a bit more detail.

Norma Jeans--a walk through because the talent was sparse-- 3 thick, curvy black girls -- no problem with black girls, but I prefer slender and athletic bodies.
    Pussy Cat-- not much talent was visible so a very brief visit.
    Red Room-- decent selection of dancers including a few in the 7 range. The VIP is seriously overpriced and it is essentially a closet with a padded seat.
    Chez Joey-- decent looking interior (for a converted row house) and a decent selection of dancers (just a smidgen below the Red Room). Arranged for a VIP trip with one of the dancers. The push to buy dancer drinks was not as intense as some of the other clubs so I liked the more laid back atmosphere. The VIP at Chez Joey is upstairs and is a small but comfortably appointed room. The price was also less than the VIP price at the Red Room. Of the four clubs that I visited, none were great value, two had decent (not outstanding) talent (Red Room and Chez Joey) and Chez Joey had the nicest VIP area and a reasonable rate (in comparison to the other clubs). Based on this very limited sample, only Chez Joey and Red Room would merit another visit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Thanks for the update - perhaps you should add your comment to the article I mentioned.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion