tuscl

Dislike

Timex345
Illinois
Ever dislike someone because of their work habits?
This person has done nothing against me personally.
I have no reason to hate this person but I do.
I try to just ignore this person.
But, their work is sloppy. They often make mistakes. They socialize when they should be working.
Thankfully they have been moved to a different shift. But, I just can't stand them.
He has rapidly become a favorite of the supervisors. That is fine. His production is off the charts.
But, they don't see what I see. They only see numbers on a chart.
They don't work with this person. The aggravation of having to work for a living.
Thank goodness for clubs.

8 comments

• vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Timex345, it happens. I had a co-manager at the restaurant I was working several years. I learned to disregard my associate's sloppy habits until one day someone took money out of the safe, my co-manager had left set on the second to last number of the combination. It was an easy twirl on the knob to hit the last number and open the safe.
    I called my boss immediately and told him. Noone was ever punished, and it was a blot on my record as it was my wordk against whoever did steal the money.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Ignore him, if possible.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    My office is being remodeled so i've been moved to a different area where I can see a couple of people "work". I'm surprised any work gets done with the amount of time one woman spends on facebook

She routinely arrives 15 to 20 minutes late. And the very first thing she does is sign onto facebook where she spends another 20 minutes. She's 66 so no one wants to fire her. They are all hoping she just retires soon.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @motorhead: Why should she retire? She's being *paid* to browse Facebook now. Why do the same thing for less money? :)
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    You'd think people would be on their best behavior at work? I wonder about how some folks act at home - after seeing their work areas. I can see that some folks are incredibly scatter brained and their work areas show it too.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Only worry about things you can control. You can't control this one. You know what the next step is ...
  • larryfisherman
    9 years ago
    Yeah there's a couple of idiots I work with. The clubs calm me down.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    There's always someone to not like/despise/hate in every work environment. My old job, which I absolutely loved; we all avoided our owners wife like the plague. She was a horrible person who thought she knew everything about the business when actually she knew how to do 1 thing and was clueless about everything else. She would still try to tell us how to do our jobs. There were even times we'd be talking about new ideas and my boss (the owner) would actually say, "Yeah, but you don't have to go home with her"...lol She even made HIM miserable. It's a weird little marriage. We actually thought she was a closet lesbian because of some specific things she'd do.

There are several people at my current work who I just avoid. Some people just won't be happy.

Like motor's FB woman, mrs sea's workplace has a LOT of people who do just enough to "seem" busy just so they can keep their jobs. If they actually worked hard management might realize they don't need so many people.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion