tuscl

Jeopardy

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Wednesday, March 9, 2016 6:22 PM
Any Jeopardy fans? I'm a fairly regular viewer when I can. I don't have hard stats to prove this, but I think they are trying to put more female contestants on the show. And not only that, but the attractiveness level definitely has been amped up. The majority of females in the past typically have been rather plain librarian types of middle aged fuglies. But in the past 6 months or so, there has been a quite a few attractive contestants. And two or three were actually hot Any other fans noticed this trend?

15 comments

• MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    Yep, big fan -- I watch most of the time. Now that you mention it, there have been more hot female contestants in recent months. Be that as it may, the vast majority of Jeopardy *winners* continue to be male. Why do you suppose that is? Women are certainly as smart as men (probably smarter these days) -- maybe they're just not as competitive?
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Females don't seem to want to take risks. I've noticed they're usually consecative when betting on the daily doubles and the final. Sometimes they drive me crazy when they're far behind in a game and get the daily double and bet a conservative amount. I scream at the TV. Sometimes you have to take a chance if you want to win
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    LOL, better not say that to one of the gals I date. She is a competitor and you'll end up on the short end of the stick if you tangle with her.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Be that it may, I'd agree with you motorhead. There is a more attractive female contestant on display more often these days. Sex sells.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I'm more of a Price Is Right guy!
  • former_stripper
    8 years ago
    Not only do I watch but I took the test and passed. I turned it down because at the time (this was about 15 years ago)there was a 5 day limit and you had to pay for room, board and transportation. This may have changed though.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    I record every episode but don't get to watch them all. In the past Trebek has been accused of a bias against women occasionally he has made comments to that affect.
  • wildbourbon
    8 years ago
    My current SO has both Bachelor's and Master's Degrees. I'm a college flunkie. We watch Jeopardy together most nights during the week and she is amazed I answer 75% of the questions quickly and correctly (although not with the proper format). I even beat her in her "specialty" categories because she can't recall the information quick enough. I rarely get the final Jeopardy question correct, though. I have noticed they've upped the cute contestants recently and have toned down on the social retards.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I love Jeopardy and watch it whenever I can. I especially like it when I know the final jeopardy answer and the contestants don't. I have taken the online exam, but I've not been called. Maybe I'm not as smart as I think I am.
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    I used to watch every day, but anymore, the only time I see it is if I happen to go to my parents house for dinner. I have noticed they have more attractive female contestants than they used to. Maybe they give Alex lap dances afterwards.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    That dog, Alex. He looks like a TUSCL'er.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^ I could see him at Players on a Friday night drinking light beer and hitting on a chinky stripper
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    "Chunky"
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    I'm a fan. Wouldn't it be funny to have TUSCLers in charge of the questions and categories: Detroit SCs Best Extras Clubs JS69's Harem Name the PL ...
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Or the TUSCL version of "Name That Tune" called "LDK to That Dancer" Contestant 1: "I can LDK to that dancer in 6 songs." Contestant 2: "I can LDK to that dancer in 5 songs." Contestant 1: "I can LDK to that dancer in 3 songs." Contestant 2: "LDK to that dancer!!!!!"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion