Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

The Rifleman Intro....

mikeya02

10 yrs ago · 1 min read

Used to watch this as a kid, but just now wondered how many shots did he fire? I count 13, but the shots don't sync with the cocking action, Supposedly the rifle held 11 bullets.

Anyway that's a bad-ass rifle

Replies (7)Latest

Profile picture for skibum609
skibum609
•

Chuck Connors, former Boston Celtic.

Profile picture for jackslash
jackslash
•

I had forgotten that show, but I used to watch it. I have a Winchester lever action rifle, but I could not fire it that fast.

Profile picture for motorhead
motorhead
•

Good show. One of the cable channels, maybe AMC, shows it early Saturday mornings.

Chuck Connors was pretty athletic for s white guy. He also played some Major League Baseball.

Profile picture for motorhead
motorhead
•

After the Rifleman, Connors starred in "Branded". I don't really remember the show except for opening. It was pretty dramatic. He played a U.S. Cavalry officer who was kicked out of the Army. His superior ripped off his stripes and broke his sword and made him leave the fort.

Profile picture for jackslash
jackslash
•

Branded. That's another show I had forgotten. But as soon as I read the name, I could hear the theme song:

Profile picture for minnow
minnow
•

Thanks for posting, recall both shows. Move over, Alex Karras, Bubba Smith, etal. Chuck Connors may well be the former pro athlete (in 2 sports) who did the best in the movies and TV shows.

Profile picture for san_jose_guy
san_jose_guy
•

Don't know the answer to the original question, but I always liked Chuck Connors and thought he was an all around good guy.

And no, you don't mess with someone with a Winchester Repeating Rifle.

We could have had something comparable to an American Nobel Prize. But no:

SJG

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement