tuscl

Mini series..5 questions for Rockstar

1, Do you wish your singer and bass player were better? Or are they ones who pay the bills?
2.Does being a rockstar get you more pussy, at least with the civi girls?
3. What is your favorite guitar?
4. Why do you think Clapton and SRV aren't great players, when clearly they are.
5. What are your pagan ceremonies like? Can anyone join or does one have to go through a membership ritual?

5 comments

• seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    I'll leave the rest alone but I can answer #2. YES.

In college there were 6 of us with 3 different bands made up of different variations of us 6. In one variation I didn't play but I was the sound engineer. Even as the sound guy I always had a group hanging around me to choose from at every gig. Later on as a sound engineer at a bar and my job running "monitor world" at numerous big festivals there was always groups of women hanging around wanting to go home with me as well and i wasn't even playing. Women will do anything whether you're on stage or running sound.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Wow! I didn't know I rated!!! Tks!!!

1. My current singer is not the best I've ever worked with, but he's the most fun to be in a band with and that's the most important thing to me at this point in time. My bass player is great, but he has issues showing up so there may be a change coming. Which is too bad because he's really good, and very easy to work with. But he needs to show up!

2. Generally no. Our following is lots of divorced couples dating (or fooling around couples) in the 40+ age group. These people are not impressed I'm some guy playing a guitar. But when I meet a new woman whom I end up having a relationship with, they generally think it's fun, but it has NOTHING to do with the relationship. It would be like if my g/f did some local theater acting. I'd see it as cool but it wouldn't have any bearing on whether I liked her or not.

3.Oh, My 1975 Les Paul Standard which I bought new in 1976 (actually a gift from my parents. I was 16 years old). I have smallish hands and the neck is super slim, and being a Les Paul it is a great guitar for both Cheap Trick and metal. My ESP Explorer was my main guitar when I was in metal bands and I love it too, but the Les Paul is best for my current band. If I could find a 1982 Gibson Moderne for $3k-ish the Les Paul might have a run.

4: Clapton invented an electric blues style and made him an icon, and for that I have the utmost respect. He's one of the gods. But he should have swapped with Hendrix as far as dying young. After D&D he put out decades of total shit. But being a god he can do whatever he wants I suppose. Hendrix would have still been playing amazing music had he not died I would think. Oh well.

As for SRV, he's a great player like Dale Earnhart is a great driver, but neither are mover or shakers in their craft. 2nd tier. They have lots of fans who love them though and as an artist or a marketing tool, that's the point. But I'd rather be Jack White than SRV, assuming SRV were still alive. Jack White is as an artist is a genius.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Oh...Pagan ceremonies. I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you! LOL No...it's 100% dependent on who you're with. Everyone has their own unique spin.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Thanks for answering. Btw, I can play the solos to Red House by Hendrix, but I cannot play Scuttle Buttin by SRV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHEVIWpX…
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    "Jack White is as an artist is a genius."

!!!

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion