tuscl

Advice for getting out of a stripper rut???

Lately I feel like my shifts are kinda the same old same old shows. I switch up songs but the routine is the same. Any ideas on how to mix it up a little bit? I've thought about changing hair styles or maybe changing up routines or even changing up how I interact with my customers to make it more interesting I guess. My questions is how much of a change in cash flow do you thing a change in how I look or act will make. I've went through these phases before and usually don't have much of a difference in money but I definitely feel more excited about stripping when I change some things up. Would be nice to both feel better and change something to make more money too,. Any suggestions welcomed with the exceptions of tattoo and piercings. I already don't like the couple I have let alone do I want anymore. Mainly looking for tips on routine, style (clothes accessories etc.) and personality. Thanks guys :)

21 comments

• vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Good luck to you. I'm sure that changing your look can help. I don't like tattoos or piercings, but that's the old fogie in me. Looking good, makes one feel good. Customers will adapt, those that know you will eventually accept the changes, if they truly like you. The ones that don't, don't. Be attractive, be nice, unless the customer is truly an asshole.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    When you're on stage are you nude or just topless?

If you're nude try a jeweled buttplug. It will catch attention and improve your posture at the same time!!!!

Crazyjoe uses one so PM him for advice.

Seriously though, subtle changes like a new hair style, or color, or a few new outfits helps.

Then something more drastic, what about trying another club out?
  • poledancer83
    9 years ago
    Actually I was laughing reading some of the other post because my stage partner and I did wear one a few weeks ago. We made a bet to wear it all night no matter what because we had a customer that brought it up. We made like 300 more then we usually do but it was nothing more then a lets try it out and see what its like kinda thing. I just switched clubs not to long ago and its a full nude club. Most of the ones I have ever worked at are. I've been stripping now for almost 7 years so I don't know if I am just getting in the same routine to much. It gets kinda hard to change much because hair and outfits are pretty much all you can change.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    The same dance (whether stage, pole, or lap) gets boring. It gets boring to us as customers so I can't imagine what it's like for you! Check out YouTube for ideas. I think slow-sexy poses are what up sell to private dances. I typically like to see the stage set start with acrobatic pole work then transition to sexy, slow as molasses floor work.

For LDs I like when she switches positions / poses to be horizontal (not for FS) but poses where she lays across me either on her back or on her stomach. Granted these are couch dances. I also like she she can wrap her legs around my head or body, but this is illegal where I am at, since she's *supposed* to keep her feet on the floor.

As for money, something new can pique interest in hesitant customer. Also routines that *aren't* routine are less boring so I'm more likely to get 10 dances versus stopping at 4 dances, for example. I'm also more likely to tip extra for those dances. So that's all more $$ when you figure it.

For look - outfit can help. Also a new hair color (splurge and get it professionally done; don't use a box color). Maybe platinum blonde or balayage blonde or red/purple-ish? Real nails versus fake nails are always better too. YouTube also has makeup ideas. I say go more stripperfied or superglamourous. I get plenty of the au-naturale look at home. I don't need it in the club.

I've also found pole workers to have good hand strength (Kung fu grip) and that makes for some nice ITC choking sessions of you can rock the Domme persona with a corset. :-P
  • poledancer83
    9 years ago
    That's interesting that you like the more glamour look. I assumed plain well as plain as we can be would be a bigger hit. I was thinking about jet black maybe get it cut it off some not like super short but shoulder length. and go kinda crazy with make up like bright eye shadow etc. as for dancing I do a decent amount of slow stage work. basically one I get fully naked its on the floor crawling spreading. basically we cant finger but we can obviously touch and spread. lots of touching my tits. Spread leg bouncing. Any other ideas for ground work that I could work on?
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I haven't been to the club since my brain tumor, even though I'm 100% functional again. I was thinking I'd go today but I have a real date instead. I'll say one thing: I have a ton of cash in my entertainment account I don't usually have!
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Oh...for a "dancer rut"...take a week off!
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    New outfits, new music, learn some new moves, mix up your routine.

If you look bored on stage it could hurt you a little bit, especially if you skiplease shifts. Men are unlikely to care too much though.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    My CF is the master of disguises - she'll be blonde one week, cornrows the next, then long & straight. Her outfits frequently include props - Ninja to courtesan .
    I recently bought her hair extensions ($307) and gave her $170 for a salon which will weave them in. I asked if the changes resulted in more income and she said yes, but couldn't quantify.
    Years ago I paid $6300 for my ATF's boob job and she said that her dancing income went up at least $500 a week.
    In both instances I think the change that makes the difference is in the dancers attitude & confidence.
  • dallas702
    9 years ago
    Poledancer, To get out of a rut - CHANGE the routine. I don't mean the dance on stage, certainly you can change what you do on stage, but change what you do OFF stage. Change your dressing room prep routine. Change how you wear makeup. Change how you "strut your stuff" on the club floor. Change your hours. Get up earlier, or sleep later. Move your furniture around at home. Clean house, or don't. Take a few days off and go somewhere out of the cold. Make several changes that "allow" you to be a little different.

Your "rut" is (like everyone else in a rut after 7 weeks of winter) frustration and boredom - both are attitude problems. The best way to change the attitude - and get out of the rut - is to be intentional about doing your life differently. Small changes work just as well as big changes, and have the advantage of not leading to grossly unpleasant adventures.
  • poledancer83
    9 years ago
    HMM good advice maybe a cruise lol. I just don't wanna be the same old me. I wanna mix shit up some. Maybe I need to try a different atmosphere too. Thought about looking into in home dancing like through an agency or something.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    You might need a vacation. My preference is someplace like Miami or New England or Applachia. I love getting a cabin in the mountains / woods with the wife. We can often still take the dogs with us. A week someplace new helps.

RE: glamourous

I believe you are correct that a more plain, next door look is more 'bankable.' It makes you the 'obtainable' one. I like to play though. I don't want the obtainable one. Sometimes I want the bitch I can't tame. Sometimes. Just not all the time.

Maybe raven black hair with a corset and rock the Domme look for a little bit.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Get a town line and a wench. :)
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Anything that makes you happier and feel better about yourself will make you a better dancer who makes more money. In other words, attitude is a close third after looks and mileage in what many guys (myself included) look for in a dancer.

For me personally, moving to a warm sunny location for the winter would make me happier. And there's lots of tourist money to be had. But just do whatever will make you happier and make work feel less like work to you.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    If you're not ready to move or don't want a vacation, then maybe try travel dancing? Where you dance at a location for ~1 week then move to a new location. Some SW chicks do that. It helps avoid burn out.
  • poledancer83
    9 years ago
    that could be fun
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    I'd recommend a trying a few "little" changes - and doing something to pamper yourself when you aren't working. I'd suggest you try a massage - or getting a manicure/pedicure. It might be relaxing and a little energizing too.

Just a change of dance clothing can make a difference too. Don't blow lots of money on a huge wardrobe redo - as you don't need to stress over that. Just maybe try some new colors to brighten your mood might help. A change to some pastel colors - to remind you spring will be here soon?

It could be the old winter blues - and some simple changes might give you a boost to get through it. New music can help too -
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    +1 manicure/pedicure. I love it when a dancer is so beautiful that she is lickable (not literally, figuratively) from head to toe. Maybe some new shoes, like ankle boots (that were popular this winter). Maybe try a new workout routine, like Yoga. The breathing exercises from yoga are supposed to be helpful for the mind/outlook as well as strengthening your body.
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    Try out a change of on-stage persona. Stay in character all night on and off stage. Maybe innocent schoolgirl, naughty nurse, 60's hippie freak, Alaskan eskimo, Pocahontas, powerful businesswoman, latex wearing submissive, dirty dominatrix . . . whatever turns YOU on. Your being turned on will spread to your custies.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Pole,

I forgot to add something from before.

I have an insanely busy schedule with work in the fall the when the new year hits I am burnt out. I am still running on adrenaline through the month of January then once February hits, I also hit...a brick wall. I essentially "mail it in" the month of Feb regarding work. I have a vacation planned in March with friends, maybe you need something like that. Even if it's just a 3 day getaway - it can make a huge difference, making you feel recharged when you return to work. You don't have to go somewhere expensive or fancy, just somewhere DIFFERENT. Also recommend not drinking and partying a ton, but more relaxing, even catching up on sleep.

• s88
    9 years ago
    Got an LD from a dancer wearing fishnet stockings, but not normal fishnet, but with huge holes and really thick rope. The fishnet's rope diameter and hole size was like a chain link fence. No other dancers in the club had fishnet stockings like that. When she quickly pulls her leg up my crotch, it gets my old soldier up in no time which is no easy feat. The diameter of the rope in the fishnet stockings is very important to make that effect.

Costume changing is important, a good costume and look, like schoolgirl outfit or goth girl will boost you by 1 or 2 points in the 0-10 scale. I love extreme eye shadow color like green or pink or excessive black (raccoon eyes). Consider lip liner for the whore look even more but its out of fashion nowadays. Hair wise, 1 color is simple and cheap. I find no attraction to bottle blondes hair, its too easy to dye it and every girl has that, either you are natural blonde or not. I can tell by roots and eyebrows and your bush. If you want dyed blonde, mix it up with highlights, perhaps reddish brown highlights or go redhead instead of blonde. I love highlights and especially non-natural color highlights (punky colors is the brand I think) in all hair colors (highlights on a ginger make no sense, they do on all other hair colors tho).

For stage acts, consider simulated (topless club) or real masturbation (nude) solo or with another dancer or lesbian DFK with spit swapping with another dancer. If taking off your panties completely isnt normal for you club (tease rip off faux-nude club), if a customer tips you can stop, and get close to him and flash your pussy for 5 to 10 seconds, or squeeze your pussy while showing it for 5 to 10 seconds, then move further down the stage.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion