tuscl

Making it rain

larryfisherman
California
At this point I have been to a strip club about 10 times. I'm not a dance guy. I just like to drink with the girls and make it rain on a girl I really like. In my 10 or so visits, I have only gotten dances two or three times.

I typically bring anywhere from $500 to $1000 in ones to the strip club. I have some drinks, and if I like a girl on stage I'll make it rain on her anywhere from $100 to $400 depending on how much I like the girl. I can't explain it, but making it rain gives me a adrenaline rush, plus it's cool to see the stage covered in ones lol. Typically after the stageset the girl will come immediately to where I'm sitting and sit and drink and talk with me for a long time. Whereas I observe dancers going from customer to customer and maybe sitting with them for a few minutes before moving on if the customer doesn't want to do a dance.

A couple buddies that go with me to the strip club say I'm wasting my money. I explain to them I don't make it rain on everyone, just the girls I really like. Most of the time I have good conversation with the girl, at the end of the night I get her number more often than not, and I haven't even done dances with her.

I'm just wondering, do you guys think I'm wasting my money?
Are you more of a dance guy or stageshow guy?

Thanks for the insight

63 comments

• Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Stop worrying you're fine. Go back and make it rain.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    I think you'll find most of the posters here are dance guys. If we are going to spend that kind of money, we want to feel some tits and get laid, a bj or hj. But if that's your thing, enjoy it. Most girls will gravitate to you because they can make money without having to do much work.
  • Regcustomer
    9 years ago
    What clubs do you go to
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Since you asked for opinions, my opinion is that you are waisting money. You spend $500 to $1,000 and in exchange you get to talk to dancers and you get their number. But you could get the exact same thing if you just tipped the girls you like $10-20 each. That would be a very generous tip and would get the attention of most dancers at most clubs. So you are paying far more than you need to for the service you want. It's like I go to the grocery and insist upon paying $25 for a loaf of bread even the price tag says $2.50. Isn't that the epitome of waisting money?

For spending that kind of money most of us would get a couple of hours of intense sexual contact with dancers. Sex can also be had for far less money. But you get almost none of that for your money. Sounds like waisting money to me.

I assume you get some kind of thrill for being the man throwing the big bucks on stage. I don't understand that, and most guys here won't understand that. But it's your money so if you are genuinely happy with that thrill being all you get, then go for it. My guess, however, is that you do this out of inexperience because it's easier to just sit there throwing money on stage than it is to navigate the dance/extras circuit. Or maybe you just don't understand how much fun that kind of money can buy.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    Why worry about what anybody else thinks? If it makes you happy, then that is all that matters.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Yep, at some clubs even a $3 stage tip is "big" and gets attention / girl coming to see you. $10 or $20 practically assures it unless you are outbid by another PL or she's stuck with her regular.

I tend to tip $5 on slow nights and $20 on busy nights. Then when she's at my table, I offer her a drink and slowly and discreetly slip her $5s (or whatever) throughout the night to stay at my table. How much you need and how often depends on the club, the girl, and her expectations. I've never had to spend more than 100-120/hr, and often you can spend far less. It just depends on the club and the dancer's expectations.
  • dutchman2000
    9 years ago
    It's your money, do what makes you happy long as the bills are paid.
  • knight_errant
    9 years ago
    I am in the "if it makes you happy, why care about what anyone else thinks" camp. Some PLs on here will tell you that you're not 'getting your money's worth' and if you read enough on this site you'll find the guys who boast of their success (real or not) of chiseling down a dancer to $100 or less for FS (I know of a club in the states where it's $60). You're the only judge who matters. I certainly can understand why dancers would respect you and want to spend hours of time with you, of their own volition. You can do what you do, and reap the satisfaction you gain from it. Or you can do it the ways some others suggest.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    It's none of my business how much or little you spend but keep in mind if your personal economy takes a dive the clubs where you spend won't care a bit, they will just think you are being cheap because they see you and expect X and all of a sudden you only tip Y. My thought is just be judicious on who you tip,and how much in the long run you will benefit more.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    The guy asked for our opinions on the wisdom of his spending, so all of the do what you want answers aren't really responsive to the question.

Plus this practice does impact the other customers (ie us). If customers are going to be throwing hundreds on stage for nothing, it becomes harder for the rest of us to get value. Even I've got problems competing with a guy who tips a dancer he doesn't even know $200 on stage. And he's doing that with no expectation of getting any of the things that keep a man alive. Why would dancers mess with the rest of us when customers are willing to so freely waste money like this?

I know most of you think this is stupid even though for some reason I seem to be the only one so far who is willing to point out the obvious absurdity of this type of spending. Did I miss the memo saying this was be nice to newbies week?
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    This sort of spending is also like putting gasoline on the fire of dancers' sense of entitlement. Dancers expect to be paid tons of money just for being an attractive young woman because guys are stupid enough to pay them tons of money just for being attractive young woman.

Quit pussy footing around the newbie and talk sense for a change.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    I think that making it rain on the surrounding customers enhances the strip club experience!

BTW, where do you club? ;-D
  • skibum609
    9 years ago
    I find the idea of making it rain beyond idiotic, but having said that people are entitled to do what they want in the club and not required to consider the other patron's feelings so have at it.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Pay attention to the post by Superdude.

https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=1…
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    I'm definitely not a "make it rain" guy. I'm more of dance guy as most people have. That's a lot money to spend at a SC if you go as often as I do. I usually spend about 200-250 there anymore than that is better spent outside the club buts that's just me. I agree that is most clubs a $5 stage tip will get you attention. Anything more than that will definitely do it.
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    I actually agree with JS69 on this one. You could get much more for less so I can't for the life of me comprehend why you would tip so much. If that is what it takes for you to enjoy yourself keep doing it and more power to you. Have you even tried making it rain with 30 or 40 dollars?

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand why someone would do this unless they are just trying to impress the guys in the club. This is why I had a hard time believing your first post was authentic.
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    One of the reasons anyway
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    To Scat that was a good post and reinforces my personal opinion that it's more of an ego thing maybe even somewhat disrespectful but if he wants to do that I don't really give a fuck. I generally hang with the same dancers in the clubs I go to and I've never had a dancer leave me for one of those make it rain guys. Besides usually they shoot their load and run out cause they have no more money and their ATM card is maxed out.
  • Bigtallbonerboy
    9 years ago
    I would have to say it is only a waste if you make less than 250k a year. I bring a money canon to the club and literally shoot hundreds of dollars out in under a minute just to make the "rain" effect a lot more entertaining. I always use ones though. I have heard of people throwing bricks of money at the dancers and nearly knocking the bitch out. That's called a thunderstorm. Google money cannon and invest in one. They are bad ass.
  • VeryBigDawg
    9 years ago
    Guys like you are unnecessarily driving up the price of pussy.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    If it makes you happy, it's your money. Plenty of guys basically pay a dancer for her time and conversation.

You could be getting more bang for your buck, but it sounds like you like the public attention.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I think you're wasting your money. I would never take $400 and throw it on the stage. What I do is give $400 to a stripper to blow me and have sex with me.

• twentyfive
    9 years ago
    To BTBaby I think you are full of spaghetti !
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Before you make it rain, think about what you are trying to accomplish.

Don't do it if you are just frustrated because the girl is ignoring you. Rain won't likely improve the situation. You'll just end up more frustrated.

Once at Sunnyvale Brass Rail a Filipino super bombshell was for some reason unknown to me showering me with attention and ignoring everyone else. So a frustrated guy did make it rain, about $20 worth. She collected up the money at the end, but she rarely broke eye contact with me in the process.

Women do what they want, for their own reasons. Money does not always influence them.

On the other hand I saw a guy who was going out with a girl let about 20x $1 bills drop down on to his girl and she really loved it.

You have to know what you are trying to do and sense the vibe.

SJG
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    +1 Jackflash you said it all!
  • Bigtallbonerboy
    9 years ago
    Well he did only make it drizzle technically with $20. That shits weak. A real nigga comes in with a rubber band bank and actually makes it rain hard with at least $400 like Larry said. I can promise you with $500 in ones I will have your phillipino and her entire impoverished family (mom sister and grandma) in VIP in the snap of a finger. Strippers strip for money. Not for creepy eye contact and shit. Not talking shit to you sjg. Just trolling.
  • Ch3ll
    9 years ago
    I'm probably repeating what most have said, but in my opinion you're wasting money, because more "fun" or "contact" can be had in the club if allowed or outside if the girl is down with it.

Another point in my opinion is that you're making yourself a target. After while some regulars are going to get the impression you have alot of money so they may be scheming a way to get yours. Its cool you go with your buddies, but you never know how many or what kind of buddies they have.

Disregarding the above, really if that's your thing by all means do it.
  • Lone_Wolf
    9 years ago
    Given how much money I piss away in a sc, I am very hesitant to judge other people's spending habits. But, I will say you can probably get the same amount of attention spending a fraction of what you spend. Making it rain 50 ones is pretty impressive and will get the dancers attention for sure (in the clubs I go to). Tossing much more than that is waste in my opinion. Plus, at a certain point, dancers will take that kind of spending as a sign of stupidity not of being a player. But, hey, whatever floats your boat. Its all good.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    It sounds to me you are kinda looking for love and/or attention in the clubs – sure making it rain will get you attention but dropping a-thousand in $1s just to get attention does not seem very productive to me personally – but at the end of the day if you are getting what you want then it’s your $$$ and in time you’ll figure out if it’s worth to keep doing it or not.

Two points:

1) a lot of newbies don’t know what one can get in many clubs – i.e. sex in the club (ITC) or outside the club (OTC) – so many spend $$$ getting the bare minimum and they don’t know more can be had

2) rain-making seems to be a young-guy phenomenon – it seems to have been made popular by the hip-hop scene so many young guys see it as what one does in SCs and what’s cool to-do – but in reality from what many strippers say many of these rappers that are shown making it rain thousands in their videos often don’t spend shit when they actually do visit a strip-club – so it seems like it’s suckers watching the videos that wanna imitate what rappers do in videos and often don’t do in real-life
  • larryfisherman
    9 years ago
    Thanks for the insight fellas. I'm just a rookie learning from you vets.

@regcustomer- I just moved to LA. I've been to a few of the LA clubs, (4 Play, Dames and Games, Sam's Hofbrau).
    @Papi_Chulo- yeah seeing the rappers do it influenced me a little bit. I'm a big hip hop fan.
    @shadowcat- good link, pretty insightful. I'm half black and half white, so do I fall in the category of making it rain a black thing lol.

The few times I got lap dances it was way too much of a tease. Perhaps I haven't visited the clubs where you can get extra attention in the lapdances. I'm not sure I'll visit, I would to keep in my head that are strippers are innocent good girls simply stripping to pay for college :)

I'll definitely adjust my making it rain, I've been spoiling these girls. I'll keep it around $50.
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    Give that a try at least and see if you get the same enjoyment.
  • bigman226
    9 years ago
    Try a few different venues. You've made yourself a commodity and set these girls' expectations much higher than need be. You'll be surprised how much you can get for less.
  • Bigtallbonerboy
    9 years ago
    Get a money cannon either way.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    http://www.thecashcannon.com/

No thanks. I'd rather do it manually and in moderation.

SJG
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Since you are asking for opinions I will say it is a waste of money unless you are a millionaire or making over 250k a year. In that case, it's like me tipping a dollar or two. Some could argue it's a waste of money tipping the girls on stage only a dollar or two for almost no attention whatsoever. That would likely be the opinion of a normal female not interested in strip clubs. The guys and girls here may view it as an attention getter to get a dancer to come over or just sort of a dues thing if sitting at the stage.

I'm not sure what the intent of tipping so much is. If it's to get her attention to come visit you, that you can often do just looking at some dancers. Dancers do appreciate tips and a tip that large identifies you as super rich or a high roller. You might make some dancers jealous as well if they got left out.

In my opinion that could create some bad feelings among all the dancers you didn't tip. If you're tipping all the dancers, that could make them all happy but if you ever lose your job or fall on hard times, never expect to get a dime back. In my opinion you should already be a millionaire before you can afford to toss away hundreds at a time with virtually nothing in return. I'm middle class and have to work for my money so I want something in exchange for it. If you're rich, you are likely used to wasting money. Some poor people do the same and they stay poor because of it.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Put your money where it is going to be effective. So like making it rain, save it for a situation where you know the effect will be really good.

Otherwise it is a waste.

SJG
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Sorry if my earlier answers were too harsh. I am just trying to help you.

You can get good lap dances even at a low mileage place like 4 Play. The key is to negotiate what the dance will involve before you go back with the dancer. For example, at 4 Play, I'd offer to do the 3 song set which I think is $90 but I'd make it clear to the dancer that I expect a close contact dance in which she grinds on me and lets me play with her ass and boobs. Don't be shy, ask and negotiate, its your money and you have a right to make sure you are getting value for that money. She will not be offended in any way even if she claims otherwise. If she says no or hesitates, or says anything other than an unequivocal yes, then I say goodbye. Bare Elegance in Hawthorne is another place in LA where you can get good lap dances with hot dancers if you negotiate effectively beforehand. Or you could head out to COI where its probably not even necessary to negotiate mileage beforehand. My point is that you need to learn how to get good lap dances. Once you learn that, you can have far more fun for your money. And $50 is still a pretty insane stage tip for anyone except a favorite but at least you're moving in the right direction.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    As a point of reference, I think I'm one of the biggest strip club spenders on tuscl. In 20 years, there are only two dancers (DS I and DS II) that I've ever tipped more than $10-20 on stage. There is simply no need to tip any more than that under most circumstances.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Don't do stuff that way. Front room GFE first. Get the girl loosened up and in a civilian manner. Then everything will go so much easier.

SJG
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    But it doesn't sound like he is interested in lap dances. It sounds to me like he just wants to watch beautiful girls dance naked and develop some sort of connecting with them.

I don't get out, but am I wrong?
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    Sorry... I don't get it, but am I wrong?
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    My point is don't talk to them like they are selling sex or sex acts. Treat them the same as you would treat any other woman.

SJG
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    Yes SJG I agree.

My comment was aimed to JS69
  • rattdog
    9 years ago
    " My point is don't talk to them like they are selling sex or sex acts. Treat them the same as you would treat any other woman."
    with the anticipation of some type of sex act as a nice ending for a real lovely evening.
    note and always remember this: it's ok to respect women, whether a sex worker or a civvie. however, NEVER EVER show too much respect - even if she's hte hottest thing you've ever seen.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    It's your money. My rule is, I give a dancer money. and whatever she's going to do for me in return will start within the next 60 seconds. If it doesn't, I don't expect she'll ever do anything in return, no matter what she says. If you don't follow this approach, I predict you will end up sitting in a strip club feeling pissed off and jerked around in the very near future. It is what it is. If you just want people to hang with, I'd have to say, I don't understand why it matters what somebody looks like as far as how fun it is to hang with them. A lot of dancers are very interesting people, but there are cheaper ways to hang out with interesting people. Maybe the best thing SCs can do for you is get you comfortable with women, so you can find a civvie girlfriend.
  • larryfisherman
    9 years ago
    I just think lapdances are a waste of money based on the dances I've gotten in my brief strip club going. I'm not interested in fucking or getting a blowjob at the club, maybe it's just me. What making it rain does for me is to secure any girl I want to talk to. She might even leave her regular to come sit with me. I agree though, I've been throwing too much money on stage, I will cut down significantly on the amount of money I throw on stage.

Recap:
    •I think lapdances are a waste of money
    •I go to the strip club to drink and to talk to beautiful naked women
    •I'm not interested in fucking in the club
    •I like making it rain, it gives me an adrenaline rush
  • larryfisherman
    9 years ago
    @ilbbacini- I treat the strip club like it's a bar full of naked women (which it is). I don't have a problem socializing with people in the civilian world. I don't have a lack of friends lol. I don't see what's wrong with just hanging out in the strip club.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Yeah – it seems now a days a lot of young people treat SCs as sorta nightclubs or bars for socializing
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    As long as YOU are satisfied with the attention you get for the money, and aren't expecting any attention once you stop spending, it's all good.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    You should get some good lap dances first before you decide that you don't like lap dances.. Other than not cheating on a wife or girlfriend, I can't think of any reason why a man with the money would not want a well done lap dance from a hot dancer. Irvseems weird to me for a guy with money to not want lap dances. And I think the reason you say that is because you havent ever had a good lap dance. If you could just get to Atlanta and have one lap dance at Follies, the point I'm making would immediately be crystal clear to you.
  • larryfisherman
    9 years ago
    JohnSmith69- What is a good dance to you? You mentioned being able to be touch tits and ass at 4 play for 3 songs for 90 bucks and you called that a good dance. That doesn't excite me too much. Maybe for a guy who's never touched a woman's body before, but not for me.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    A good lap dance is as close as you can possibly come to having sex without the guy removing his pants. So imagine everything that you would do to a woman, and everything that she would do to you, during sex. During a great lap dance you would do all of that (petting, kissing, sucking, rubbing etc) except you would keep your pants on. Ideally you are wearing very thin soft pants for this with no underwear.

As another example of what a great lap dance is, read my article on my best lap dance I've ever had.

getting a great lap dance depends upon three things.

First you need to be a respectful, non-creepy, generous guy that the dancer feels no dislike towards. This is not mandatory but it can help a lot.

Second, some clubs allow better lap dances than others. Places like Atlanta, Detroit, and Miami have the very best. But LA can be good if you follow my third point. Also COI clubs are high contact near LA.

Third, unless you know the dancer or its an ultra high mileage club like follies, you must negotiate lap dance mileage beforehand. You have all of the leverage before the dance begins. She has all the leverage once you say yes to a dance. If you don't discuss lap dance mileage beforehand, then the odds are very good that you will get a weak air dance. She doesn't want to work any harder than she has to in order to get your money.

So when she asks for a dance, tell her nicely that she's beautiful and you'd love a dance with her but you'd just like to ask her a few questions first. Then ask for what you want. For example I want to suck her tits. Maybe kiss her neck. Definitely consume her tits with my hands and mouth. Some guys want to slap her ass. At some clubs you could ask her to suck your dick through your pants. I would always insist that she grinds me at least with her legs if not also her breasts cause I want my dick rubbed. This takes patience and practice but you'll get good at it with time. If she won't agree to something important to you, then politely say no thanks. Note however that many dancers will loosen their rules if you agree to buy more than one dance.

My guess is that if and when you get good at securing great lap dances, you will change your mind about not wanting sex with the dancers. I certainly did.

Good luck. Glad to have you in the discussions.

• larryfisherman
    9 years ago
    Thanks John!!
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    Hey bro, some people here will tell you your wasting your money, but if you get your kicks off of showering hoes with money, go for pro. I'd be more than willing to hang out with you. No no, don't give me your money, just let me chill with you. Your presence will bring the HOTTEST strippers our way.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    "but if you get your kicks off of showering hoes with money, go for pro"

Yes, it just has to be for fun, not like you really expect to get something. You have to use judgement as to when the girl really wants that.

Throwing the money I kind of see as bad. I've seen a guy standing over the girl at the corner of the stage, and letting it dribble down onto her. She liked that. But they were going out together already.

I think that could work. Your mostly just becoming part of the show, instead of just handing her $20.

SJG
  • Lone_Wolf
    9 years ago
    I was in a club the other day and there was a PL tossing hundreds of ones making it rain. The dude had about 15 dancers sitting at his table. I have to admit it was pretty exciting watching this dude toss this much cash and seeing the honeys react to it. Made me wonder who that dude was for sure.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Yeah – I’ve seen dudes in small black clubs throw about 200 $1s into the air in the middle of the main room (not even on the stage) and you see the dancers on all 4s going after the $$$ like hungry mice going after cheese.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Milli Vanilli blamed it on the rain
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    see the trick is to hang with the "rainmakers". When you do that the ladies will obviously flock to him and his crew. With you apart of his crew, you didn't even have to make it rain to get one of the hottest strippers in the club on your lap. No work and all play makes you a happy jimmy for the night. Unfortunately, many women expect that Atlanta or Philly experience (or even Starlets of NY) or else you boy's version of "making it rain" looks a little less than a small drizzle. Dem rappers upped the price of pussy for you gentlemen, I apologize
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “Here comes the rain again
    Falling on my head like a memory
    Falling on my head like a new emotion

I want to walk in the open wind
    I want to talk like lovers do
    I want to dive into your ocean
    Is it raining with you?”
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Larry,
    Which rainmaking technique do you use? The "waterfall" or the "downpour?" Or is it situational?

Reference - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8KWLZzVPkf…

Thanks!
    Dominic
  • larryfisherman
    9 years ago
    Dominic, I'm definitely a waterfall guy, although occassionally I've done the downpour.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Cool, thanks. I'm normally a waterfall man. I tried the downpour once with about 40 in 1s but I ended up throwing it as a brick. So that video helped me to see what I was doing wrong (throwing them straight when instead I should throw them in a small arc, fanned out).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion