tuscl

” the NAWL report says. At the equity partnership level, only 15 percent of the

Rights are still far from equal

14 comments

• twentyfive
    9 years ago
    There's probably some legal reason for that !
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit! I hope when i go to a strip club that 100% are women.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Many female lawyers at my firm end up going part time once they start having kids. It's very widespread. And we are very flexible to let them do that. This is a good thing in my view -- not everybody wants to work their ass off to be a law firm partner, and we allow people the flexibility to make their own choices.

But you can't expect to focus on being a mom while being equal to men who focus their time and energies on their career. In other words, you can't have it all. If you want pay equal to men you have to do the work equal to men.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    @JS69 have a job from home or work close to home? I can think of some ways to make it work. It'll be very taxing on the body but I'm sure the ability to brag about it by the time the kids turn 15 will could be well worth it.
  • Wipemydirtydugan
    9 years ago
    So you actually think going to work a 12 hour day compares to a stay at home mom? With less power and finance than the man? Are you from the 1950's? If so I understand your thought process, however, statistics show that a house wife works many more hours per day including weekends cleaning, cooking, tending to newborns especially, and cleaning up the house. All while going unpaid and building zero retirement fund, or social security. Doesn't sound equal to me cause all you have to do is divorce the bitch and she has nothing.
  • Wipemydirtydugan
    9 years ago
    I mentioned cleaning twice sorry.
  • Wipemydirtydugan
    9 years ago
    Bottom line john you know I am right. Mommy doesn't get 401k like working daddy.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    ^^^ you full o shit
  • Wipemydirtydugan
    9 years ago
    I know thats what I said, thanks for backing me up joe.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Right
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I knew that there would be some lawyer who could spin it and make it legal !
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Isn't life a bitch?
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    And?
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    ^^^Then you marry one or die.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion