tuscl

Agents for strippers

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:47 AM
I was reading the discussion posted by Subraman about the mistakes dancers make and in two different places in the conversation I think it was a girl named Nico Rico who said something about asking her agent and another chimed in with a remark of how her agent gave her bad advice. Anyway I wondered to myself do these girls have agents really I have never heard of a stripper that wasn't a feature dancer having an agent have any of you ?

26 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    I'm not sure how much "agenting" some of these agents do but in the past (over 10 years ago) I would run into the occasional dancer who said she was a "contractor" and had an "agent" that booked her. Essentially she was from a big city and would be paid a certain amount just to show up to a smaller club in a rural area where it was hard to find dancers to work. The women I met that did this, were always very chatty, always older and not very attractive. I never thought much about it, until a ran into 4 women all at different rural clubs that told me the same story. I use the term "women" because I don't ever remember running into one that was under 30.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I used to have an agent. He provided proof of income, a CPA, etc and also helped me land a small role on a major network. The proof of income/employment is especially helpful. I no longer dance at one of the clubs he represents, but he's still helpful to me.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I've heard an occasional reference to an agent which I had always assumed meant pimp. But no dancer that I've ever gotten to know uses such a person.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    IDK much about the subject; but I think I’ve heard that foreign dancers (e.g. Eastern Euros) often have to go thru agencies to be able to dance in the U.S. Also perhaps in certain areas/clubs; it may be easier to get into-them via an agent/club-recruiter?
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^^That's what I thought also but Nina said something different, and what she said makes perfectly good sense to me. I can see where a dancer who is a little bit more intelligent than most, would need the services that she says he provided. After all even many don't realize it, they are independent contractors and if they make enough money they can attract the attention of the IRS, especially if the girl is smart about her money and invests it, they probably need the help of a manager of some sort.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Here in Detroit there are two "main" agencies that "represent" (are paid to bring new girls to the clubs) including Penthouse, Trumpps, Coliseum, Hustler, Players, Legends, Flight Club, Toy Chest, etc. They also help girls from the clubs get their dance licenses (it's a tedious experience so a lot of dancers would have a bitch of a time doing it themselves). Most girls aren't with an agent but many are, and there are definitely benefits. Some of these girls may have pimps, but the agents definitely are not pimps and don't take your money at all.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    A lot of girls even with agents don't file taxes, I didn't even know about the CPA until I first asked my agent about taxes and he told me not to worry, he has a CPA. That made things a lot easier.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    shailynn is correct for the most part. Farmerart was always referring to the fact that all Alberta strippers were working there under contracts through agencies.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    The main reason that I had asked the question because I had heard a few girls refer to an agent I just assumed they were talking about a pimp, but then earlier when I was reading on SW there were three different references to an agent and I know that most of the posters on there are real poseurs who would never admit to extras and I thought to my self they are admitting to having pimps on the pink pages and not getting reamed wtf so that is where the question came from.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    @25 I'm glad to see you are humble and brave enough to admit you snoop on SW.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I like to look at a lot of stuff no shame in that I have spoken of things from SW before. I also like to joke around I think crazy Joe said it best a while back on another thread if you can't handle the worst of me you don't deserve the best of me.
  • anongirl98
    8 years ago
    Lol^^ I think Marilyn Monroe said that quote first ;-)
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^ you may be right I don't remember that far back everything before 1976 is a blur.
  • ididthisonce
    8 years ago
    I thought folks called them "pimps"
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    No. Pimps are when the girl works for the man and the man takes all her money and controls her. An agent works FOR a stripper, not she to him, and she keeps all her money.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    But the agent does get a fee for services rendered, not trying to be snarky , just clarifying am I correct Nina.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    But I don't pay that fee. The club paid him every time I worked a shift, but no money came out of my pockets. The only time I paid him was during my brief acting gig - he got his 15% cut for being my agent. Girls with pimps don't keep their money.
  • ididthisonce
    8 years ago
    I stand corrected.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    Well, live and learn! I would have mentally translated "agent" to "pimp" also, had no idea some areas used actual agents.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    I would assume the "agents" the women speak of are the men who brought them here from Eastern Europe and direct them to the best clubs for profit.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    @hotstuff69babi talent agents SEARCH for you.
  • rl27
    8 years ago
    I have run into a few clubs which use agents for talent. Most of the time it's been larger clubs in major cities where they need a lot of dancers. I suspect Scores uses agencies because many of the really hot looking dancers who dance on weekend nights in Columbus are rarely seen anywhere in club when they aren't on stage. They are on stage dance their set and gone. Occasionally you may see one or two of them entertaining a group with a few of the regular dancers, but I have never seen one give dances.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Hotstuff69babi - I saw him while my friend and I were getting our dance cards. We did it without an agent, he was taking a group of girls to get their cards. He tried to get me to one of his clubs. No way. My old agent owns the other major agency here. Much more help and professional and won't give out drugs lol.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Yes K**** is with Motor City Showgirls, dresses like a pimp, etc. Sorta brags occasionally about a stint he did in prison way back when. I worked with the other agency (never Motor City Showgirls) which was way more professional Imo but they can both be helpful I suppose.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Lol I met K**** when he was with M&M talent (I SWEAR that's what I remember it being called back then) before Players was even remodeled. He eventually tried to bring me to Penthouse. Ew no. I was never actually with his agency. I'd just see him in the club from time to time before the remodel (when everyone thought Alan Markowitz was going to own it). Then Alan didn't own it and K**** moved elsewhere (Penthouse, Flight Club, Coliseum...) The agency that I actually worked with took over representation of Players after the remodel. They had Landing Strip, Players, Legends, Trumpp's, Subi's, Toy Chest, Hustler. However last time I talked to my former agent he says he doesn't rep Subi's club so if that's still true, that now would rule out Trumpp's, LS, and Subi's. They've got a few other clubs but I forget. Motor City Showgirls is primarily Alan-owned clubs.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Kenny Keith Kelly etc
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion