tuscl

I'm a dj in a bikin club

wardrebel
Georgia
I'm a dj and I worked in a few topless places over the last 5 years. I was invited to check out a new bikini club and was hired as their main dj. I'm a very minimal dj I announce the girls dance specials an drink specials. I try to be on the mic as short of time as possible but the manager keeps telling me I'm not hyping the crowd as much as he wants. My only problem is if you hype to much it gets annoying to the customers so what am I to do to balance what he wants versus the crowd?

30 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    As much as I may hate it, You gotta go with who pays you.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    We are in the process of setting up our own TUSCL Strip Club. Perhaps you should be working for us.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Yeah; you have no-choice; best to-do what the boss wants.

Just do enough to keep the boss happy w/o overdoing it; some custies will like the hype but the hardcore ones like us just lean to tune it out.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    As much as people here like to whine about the DJ, it's not that big of a deal. The vast majority of strip club customers aren't even paying attention to the DJ.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ you just probably haven't experienced the really-bad DJs; I've had many dancers all hate and complain about DJs.
  • impala
    9 years ago
    Make the man who feeds you happy (isn't that what we tell the dancers here also?).
  • wardrebel
    9 years ago
    Ha! the girls pay me. The club doesn't give me anything. I get a 10 dollar tipout from every girl working that night.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    AFAIK the girls pay DJs b/c they have to (like other staff like bouncers and maybe the bartender); not b/c they want-to or like the DJ.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Well OK but what happens if you don't do what you're told to do?
  • wardrebel
    9 years ago
    I don't know we have staff meetings after work were he gives us constructive criticism but I only get the hype the crowd more speech.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I was working as a DJ in a cocktail bar.

That much is true.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Is the club you are at a low mileage club, mostly just the stage show, and so the girls get most of their money from the stage?

The other kind, high mileage, is where girls can do most anything they want to try and get guys into dance booths. At some of the most extreme the girls don't even use the stage. Instead they just climb on guys and jump them when they first come in the door.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “But even then I knew I'd find a much better-way with or without you”
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    @Motorhead

I'm surprised to see that's on your playlist. I like it.
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    @OP. Is your comma key broken? That was a brutal read.
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    They play music in the clubs?
  • wardrebel
    9 years ago
    Sorry posting from mobile phone.
  • wardrebel
    9 years ago
    The club is mixed all girls are required to go on stage. Some girls are more explicit than others during private dances. Some stay completely covered other will move their tops to go topless. All dances are full contact.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    In some clubs the girls get most of their money on stage. These are usually lower mileage. So this is where the girls will care more about the DJ hyping them.

But in the higher mileage clubs the stage is less important, if used at all. In some clubs the girls just start climbing on who ever sits at the stage, so that they can end up in the dance booth with him and not give the other girls a chance.

SJG
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    If the girls are paying you, what do *they* want? I presume the club owner actually decides who does the DJ work, but if he's not paying you...
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Like I know what I'm talking about but here are some suggestions:

1. Since the girls pay you, I would make sure they like you. Play the songs they want, once you get to know the girls taste in music style, maybe you can even suggest some songs they may like that they may not know about. Burn those songs on a CD for them. Yeah nobody uses CDs anymore but cars still have CD players!

2. People are right on here, most guys don't pay any attention to the DJs, one thing I actually do pay attention to is when the DJ announces specials, like 2 for 1 dances or drinks. Even though I may not partake for some reason those catch my attention. If you're in a town, and the local sports team is "in season" may want to mention something about then, guys love that shit.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    I've never been to a bikini club so I'm not sure how they are different than strip clubs.

The clubs I go to the DJ is irrelevant to me and for the most part just is there to play songs and manage the girls going on stage. Plus a little club promotion occurs.

Maybe a bikini club is more like a nightclub and requires more DJ interaction. Maybe a regular stripclub is more ur speed since ur a "very minimal dj".
  • wardrebel
    9 years ago
    I play music within our format, make the rotation, do our version of a roll call and decide when to call last call as well as stage calls an the special calls.

The difference between club types are not vastly different we are not allowed to show nudity while on stage due to a county ordnance. but the girls flash on stage an during lapdances. We don't have private rooms because of the same ordnance. But what the cops don't see we don't care about.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^ In that case yell out "free blowjobs at midnight" every customer will listen to every single word you say from there on out for the rest of your career at that club.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ I wouldn't want a blow-job from a DJ even if it was free - but to each their own
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ DUH I meant all the strippers giving out blowjobs at midnight - customers would love it, strippers would hate it.
  • Dain
    9 years ago
    No DJ clearly pronounces the name of the dancer. I hope that you don't slur or swallow names.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    My take on the DJ is that if he's good he doesn't get noticed he does his job professionally and contributes subtly. Once the DJ becomes the focus its too late and he/she becomes annoying, if he annoys me enough to be more than a quick contributor than I usually get the fuck out of there.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    Now five years later on you've got the world at your feet.
    Success has been so easy for you.
    But don't forget it's me who put you where you are now,
    And I can put you right back too.
  • s88
    9 years ago
    At one "Vegas Style" SC I've gone too, there are prerecorded promos done by a voice artist that they paid, plus the DJ's own live pitches. The result sounds like listening to FM Radio. Nothing but ads, ads and more ads. As a customer, I only care about dancer names and the music. If the dancers are ugly, I'll stick around a bit longer for the EDM if its EDM and not reggaeton. IME, if a SC has day/time restricted promos ($1 open LD at midnight, half off VIP room 30 minutes before 6 PM), they will be advertised to death on paper in the club with these http://www.discountdisplays.co.uk/html/m… on tables. The whole point of the promo is, you buy the product without reading the fine print, and pay full price for it, but you are too wasted to know you didn't get a discount (or bouncer shakedown). I never need the DJ to announce promos since I found all of them on posters in the SC, or twitter/FB before going to the SC that day.

The best SC is one where the DJ goes to take a leak, and the song ends and the music stops. Everyone gets a laugh out of that. The pole dancers dont stop dancing just because the music went out. Personally, if the SC never played music and was just silent during pole dancing, that would be fine with me. There is no music playing in a motel room when fucking a stripper.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion