tuscl

Question about food and beverave industry employees, and dancers too

crazyjoe
Colorado
Saturday, January 16, 2016 12:18 PM
I have noticed that it seems like in resturants with bars, bar bars and strip clubs employees sometimes come back as clients also. Of the places i am a regular at it seems that i see waitresses sitting at the bar drinking or eating as a customer at the same place they work. I also see dancers in clubs sometimes as patrons.

Why would you hang out at work? Dont you get tired of work and want to go somewhere else?

6 comments

• chessmaster
    9 years ago
    If you work at a strip club its not nearly as boring as if you work somewhere else.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    9 years ago
    Years ago, I was a waiter at a higher-end place. When co-workers came in to eat, they typically got breaks on both food and booze. If they came in with family or a date, they always got top-notch service. You always took care of your people.

I'm not sure that strip clubs have the same dynamic as that. But, I imagine that dancers and support staff get some relief on drink prices, and sometimes it's nice to grab a drink around familiar faces.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Most of the strip clubs around here, the stripper would get fired on the spot if she came in off-shift WITH a customer. Many of the strippers do enjoy strip clubs, though (duh), and I often will go with them to a different strip club than the one they work at. In fact, given the choice of, "On our OTC, want to go to XXX cool bar, or YYY strip club", strippers almost always choose the strip club.

I note that this dynamic changes in Vegas, where I have personally gone with an active stripper, to her club, and it seems to be downright accepted -- I guess the idea is, if she gets me in the club spending money, they're happy. Club management even drops the entrance fee for us.
  • SmithWV
    9 years ago
    I have to agree with Ismael. I've worked at a bbq joint in the back of the house and if I come in off shift, I get half off and depending which girl is up front discounted drinks. Plus I like the food I would cook there.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    All valid points above.

I think one other would be the employee is friends with all their coworkers and want to go somewhere where they can hang out with their coworkers - which are also their friends. Yes their coworkers/friends may be working but they still get to have conversations.
  • Quemafia
    9 years ago
    Beaver rave. Sounds awesome.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion