tuscl

Detroit

Folks, I just got word that I'm going to Ann Arbor for a quick business trip in 3 weeks. I've never been to a Detroit SC.

What is the place with the best talent? I like Latina girls with fit but curvy bodies. Generally not into AA chicks too much it still happens on occasion.

Would it be weird or unsafe to go SC it up by myself off of 8-mile?

12 comments

• crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    You can buy a house there for $100
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    9 years ago
    If you are out toward Ann Arbor your best bet might be some suburban clubs by the airport. Landing Strip, Flight Club, Silver Cricket, Bogarts and Henry VIII are probably your best bet (Johns Hot Spot is much closer but is now predominantly AA, and there is a nude no-alcohol Deja Vu in Ypsilanti but it is a no fly zone for extras which can be readily found at the clubs listed above).

8 mile clubs aren't bad but if you are out of Ann Arbor that would mean driving across town. There are other options of course but they are also a bit farther out as well

Of these clubs Flight Club would be considered top tier but recent reviews would say that the staff has become less customer friendly than in the past

Landing Strip and Silver Cricket are more middle of the road and are actually nicely maintained clubs with solid reputations, Bogarts and HenryVIII are dives, you can get a pass that will get you in to both. Mileage is through the roof here though- Its a no frills all fun afterwards. Myself, I would aim for the middle but slumming on the low end can be fun as well.
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    I agree with Hugh_ I would stick to Flight Club, Landing Strip, Cricket, Bogart's and Henry's.
    The good clubs on 8 mile all have valet parking and are no better than Flight club(owned by the same guy) and are a longer drive
    Depending on what you are looking for in a club.
    Flight Club is a higher end club with mandatory valet parking and almost always good looking mix of girls/women.
    Landing Strip I have been there many time and the talent varies more than Flight club but it is a slightly higher than the Cricket. I would check current reviews for talent levels on both. Neither has a high cover so you can afford to bail if the talent does not suit you.
    The next step down is Bogart's is a dive working class establishment the has a low cover but they make you buy a wrist band to get into the private dance area. There are times when a dive bar is where I want to be, less pressure to spend and when you do spend it costs less. (besides slutty single mom's need love and money too)The talent here and Henry's varies wildly but the place has that sleazy dive bar vibe without the danger as they have fairly safe parking because the owner is interested in making money not losing patrons.
    At Henry's and Bogart's you are not likely to find a girl who does not do extras. Henry's is yet another step down the ladder in the Detroit club scene and is the lowest level club I have been to in Detroit area. There are worse clubs I have read about but am not inclined to venture into those areas.
    At the last two it is fun to go in have a beer (less expensive than bottled water) and check to see what talent is available.
    Remember the price you are given when she first quotes you a price may not be her bottom dollar. I always negotiate with a promise of extra tip if the performance warrants it.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Flight club has good dancers. It's a lot more of a "gentleman"s club. As is said by others, if you want extras with mileage beyond the earth's atmosphere. Go to Bogarts across the street or as I call the other reccomendation, Henrys. "Hellhole of the world" So what if Bogarts or Henrys is not fancy, if you want extras for less, go to Henrys or Bogarts.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    I agree with the above recommendations. If I were visiting Ann Arbor, I would avoid both the nearby Ypsilanti and Belleville clubs as well as Eight Mile Road and concentrate on that sweet area around Dearborn, Inkster, and Romulus: Flight Club, Silver Criket (sic), Henry VIII, and Bogart's. I haven't been to Landing Strip but I like FC and *love* the other three.

In case you're interested, the Hamilton clubs have $10 days as follows:
    Mon - Henry VIII (Inkster)
    Tue - Bogart's
    Wed - Henry VIII South (Southgate)
    Thu - John's Hot Spot (Belleville)
    I mention this not because you're necessarily looking for $10 lappers but because those days tend to bring out the most strippers and therefore the best selection.

The clubs in that general area that I still want to try are Subi's in Southgate, Toy Chest in Dearborn, and of course Landing Strip in Romulus.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I agree with recommendation that you hit the suburban clubs nearer Ann Arbor. As for the best talent, I would recommend Flight Club in Inkster, which will have the best looking girls (but also the most expensive). The clubs in Inkster, Dearborn and Romulus are safe to enter, and they are in commercial areas that are not dangerous.

You won't find a lot of Latina dancers, although there are a few. Detroit area clubs feature mostly white and black girls.
  • clubdude
    9 years ago
    I agree with Hotsfuff, nothing wrong with ging to the 8 mile clubs solo. However, those Inkster, Dearborn clubs would be mush closer.
  • rl27
    9 years ago
    My first trip to the Detroit clubs happened when I stopped off in the Ann Arbor area, while on the way to Frankenmuth. I took a side trip to Inkster and had a great time at Flight Club and Bogarts. I think it was a 45 or 50 minute trip to get there. I stayed in Romulus the next day oafter spending most of the day doing touristy things in Frankenmuth. I visited Landing Strip, Henry VIII and Criket's and had an even better time.

Of those five clubs on multiple visits I have had the best time at Criket's and Henry VIII. Many people say that Henry's is even lower than Bogart's but at least on the nights I visited H8 had better dancers along with more to choose from that Bogarts. Two of the three best dancers I have met so far have been at Bogarts, but the one at H8 has been more consistent.
  • georgebailey
    9 years ago
    Nigel if you pm me the days of the week you're practicing your hobby, I'll suggest an itinerary for you. Everyone here gave good advice. But you don't need to spend all your time driving around. Especially if you've had some pops. Your time is best spent in the club getting acquainted and evaluating the scenery.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Everybody is afraid of 8 mile because motherfuckers get shot and robbed there. It doesn't happen every night but it happens more than it should.

You'll be fine, I travel it all the time, I wouldn't stop for gas at 2am but stay sober and keep your wits and you'll be fine.
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    Great advice from all posters above. Hugh, Tired and Deuce have the Inkster/Romulus scene perfectly wired. If you have the cash (and several nights), I would start at the dive-y places and work my way up to Flight Club. Each night will be memorable in and of itself. Happy mongering!
  • AnonymousJim
    9 years ago
    There are a few other pieces of advice I'd give beyond just the "where." Clubbing in Detroit is a different game than elsewhere because of the possibilities that aren't as readily available elsewhere:

- Get there early enough. Because a lot of girls are negotiating up, the better girls often do their damage early in their shift and either leave or coast by the end. I've had bad luck after 1 a.m. By that time, those who struggled may get a little desperate, but there's often a reason they struggled (i.e. they're not the ones you want to touch). Others are content to just sit at the bar or just head to the back.

- Take your time. Because of what goes on, some of the most worthwhile girls disappear for a while. You'd hate to see something better than what you got while you're leaving. Consider dinner at one of the nicer places; the food's not cheap but good and it gives you a chance to settle in and get comfortable. Figure out the stage rotation and tip your "target" on the final stage as you invite her to join you.

- Talk to the girl first. While you can get mad mileage in Detroit, the reason is because there's little oversight, which means ROBs can also run rampant. If she's rushing you or pushing you too fast, look elsewhere.

- If you're more concerned about cost, talk menu and negotiate up front. If you're more concerned about quality, it's not as big of a deal to discuss up front, but you might pay 1.5 to 2 times as much if you're negotiating once the blood's in the wrong place, at least if the girl's smart. But she might also be more willing to try and do everything she can to make the experience good if she doesn't feel like she has a ceiling.

- Try and get a room with a couch, not a chair. At Flight Club and Penthouse, some rooms have one, some the other. You don't have to be as creative on a couch.

- Tip the bouncer when you get a room. No need to have him peeking in more than he should.

- Relax. If you're not used to having no mileage upper ceiling and extras, it's easy to be overeager and feel like you have to get everything you can or you'll feel cheated. I put too much pressure on myself, though, when I do that. Instead, don't treat it any differently than any other night at the club. It's just that, as things progress, more is possible than is usually possible at other clubs elsewhere. Go with the flow.

- A really good dancer should have protection and baby wipes with her. You might want to at least bring your own protection and a napkin, however.

- If you have a really good experience, don't be afraid to ask about OTC. If they're already open-minded enough to do what they're doing at the club, they'll certainly be open-minded enough to think OTC.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion