tuscl

Payton Manning totally took HGH

sflguy123
Florida
The cover up is obvious.

Former clinic intern gets recorded bragging about all these pro athetes he knew took HGH from a clinic he was at. Kinda like threads here about celebs we've seen in strip clubs.

When he realizes what happened he does a 180. The clinic also will be fucked if true.

Payton will take a major PR hit. His goal of more commercials than Brett Favre will be in jeopardy.

To cover up the clinic says he didn't even work there in 2011 when Manning and his wife was a client. The intern dude also says he wasn't there in 2011. They both agree he was there in 2013. But they probably didn't realize the reporter did a HR check prior to the story coming out.

https://twitter.com/ajam/status/68164316…

So I'm suppposed to believe the clinic and employee got the year and months totally wrong.

Manning has hired Ari Fleischer to do PR for him. Which makes him more guility to me.

Manning says he doesn't know about his wife's medical situation and what stuff she got. Umm she's your current wife and the mother of your children.

If you're not cheating you're not trying.

I believe under the right conditions ANY pro athlete would take PEDs. Even a Manning.

BTW, James Harrison is also named and he plays for my (bumbling)Steelers.

I think as a result of this Manning more likely retires after this season. That will take away some of the scrutiny.

15 comments

• vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Uppers, downers, HGH, drain cleaner. Whatever floats your boat. All I say is prove it !! Allegations, schmallegations.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    The part of the story that I find comical is that the HGH was sent to Peyton's wife Ashley so the HGH couldn't be linked to Peyton.

That's brilliant! Let's address the package to Ashley. Nobody will ever connect it to Peyton!!!!

Just too many holes in the story.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "Uppers, downers, HGH, drain cleaner. Whatever floats your boat. All I say is prove it !! Allegations, schmallegations."

Brilliant!

I think the question to focus on is "would Ashley make a good stripper?"

http://celebslam.celebuzz.com/2015/03/pe…

I say yes! ;)
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Or this is a former clinic intern with nothing going on in his life who is looking for whatever attention he can get.

As much as I have always criticized Manning for being a prima donna choke artist who couldn't play in tough conditions when it was all on the line, he DID carry Indy for many years, including some where the team put very little around him. He is an icon who deserves the benefit of the doubt and his legacy shouldn't be tarnished because of some goofy former intern.
  • Toomuchcover
    9 years ago
    The author of this discussion is an idiot. If you know anything about football you would know Peyton is a stand-up guy. He works hard, watches more game film than anyone else, and is an excellent role model. He gives back in the form of time and money to the community as well.

In this country you are innocent until proven guilty and you sir.....are a proven moron with your statements!
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    As motor said, "Just too many holes in the story."

Like all "news", the media and critics jump all over a story with speculation and hype. When the truth comes out in due time, well by then that isn't "news".
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    "In this country you are innocent until proven guilty and you sir.....are a proven moron with your statements!"

Wow angry much?

Pro athlete after pro athlete denied denied denied taking PEDs to the public AND the gov't only to eventually be proven a liar. IMO the public has become cynical to any athlete denying PED reports(Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me).

Off the top of my head I can't think of any athlete including Lance Armstrong and all the MLB players who were proven innocent. They all were found to be lying. Correct me if you have a bunch of names for me that were investigated and found innocent. At a minumum the vast majority were guilty.

Is Payton the exception to this unforunate rule? Maybe. But from my memory he'd be the first.

IF he took PEDs to help recover from neck surgery does that change the facts about him giving back to his community? NO. That's just stupid. It's like b/c I go to strip clubs, like you, that I can't be a good guy in other ways or that I abuse women. Bill Clinton cheated on his wife multiple times that doesn't change what he did as President or what he has given back to his community since(especially what he has given back to some women).

No one is 100% good or 100% bad...except to you Payton Manning.
  • Meursault
    9 years ago
    Less than no evidence. Believable, but allegation (especially recanted allegation) does not equal evidence. Also, Al Jazeera does not equal reliable source of anything.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    It just doesn't make any sense for someone to lie about someone else taking drugs, especially if it's a lie, the person accused can file a big lawsuit and probably win the case. 98% of the athletes that deny using drugs when accused end up being liars. With the other 2% they haven't proven innocent, there just hasn't enough been evidence against them, example Albert Pujois.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Manning took HGH. That being said I don't have too much of a problem with it. He was taking HGH while injured basically to speed up his recovery. He wasn't taking it while healthy to get a competitive advantage on the field. I do understand HGH is banned though.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    The snitches name is Sly.....hmmm
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    Why you care. Manning takes HGH, Patriots cheat like the Clintons, Rothsenburger rapes women, players beat their women half to death and stupor bowl 50's winner was determined last spring in the owners meeting. They all cheat in one way or another and get away with it! I'd rather watch an old Bogart or John Wayne movie, at least they do not pretend to be real.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    CNN is reporting that the original source says Manning not accused and the AlJazera news network is backing off the story looks like Manning has not done anything wrong.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    The original story was that Ashley Manning was sent HGH on numerous occasions in 2011(along with a bunch of other players including James Harrison and several GB Packers).

I don't know why the media is ignoring the other players. Peyton is the only one to play where the clinic is located so at least he has an excuse and he's admitted to being a patient along with his wife.

The media/public put 2 + 2 together and assumed the HGH was actually for her husband but it was under her name for his safety. I think Roger Clemen's wife did a similar thing.

Al Jazera is bascially clarifying this. Again saying the drugs were sent to Ashley Manning not Peyton. What she did with them is up to speculation.

That AJ might be a questionable news outlet is irrelvant to me(that's just me) as the National Enquirer is a scummy tabloid still they break news from time to time including the John Edwards baby mama story, Charlie Sheen HIV, Rush Limbaugh painkillers story, OJ stories, among others.

If AJ put out a print story it would be easy to discount. But they put out secretly recorded videos of a former clinic pharmacy intern making these claims. Was this a scummy thing to do? OK sure.

The main thing is is the intern lying or not?

The main flaw with this story is they only have that one source. Who now says he was bragging, he was testing the reporter, he recants everything he said that was secretly recorded etc...

I've witnessed lots of people who blew the whistle on college football players getting money or having tests taken for them or false grades recant once the shit hit the fan. Most of the time what they originally said was the truth.

My guess is some other news outlets(Nat'l Enquirer included) are now seeing if they can get other former or current employees of this clinic to confirm the story or supply them with physical evidence.

If they do Peyton Manning will be another example of the cover up worse than the crime, if they don't this story will fade away as it doesn't seem to have much staying power as of now.

Either way it's more interesting than most TV soap operas.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    If you care this article sums things up nicely.
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/12/29/pe…
  • WetWilly
    9 years ago
    Sometimes comments like this result in further investigation, and come up with firmer evidence.

For me, right now, I'm saying it is 50/50. I'm just observing, no emotional associations with any findings.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion