tuscl

Detroit and Toronto

How easy is it to cross in between ?

23 comments

• jackslash
    9 years ago
    Do you mean Detroit and Windsor? You need a passport. It takes only a few minutes to drive through the tunnel or across the bridge. I never have any problem getting into Canada, but I always get pulled over coming back. I suspect they don't want me to come back here.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Lol, that's funny and very helpful...do you think it would be easy to hold a residence in Windsor being a US citizen ?
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    I ask because im a online poker player and US has to many restrictions on online poker right now....the number one poker sight is poker stars....im starting to look into creative options

One option is to move to the US side of the boarder in Michigan and cross over to play my cash games and tournaments
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    When you come back across the border, be respectful to the border guard personnel. You'll end up in custody if they don't like anything at all. You'll be there quite awhile. They don't mess around. Don't be a smartass.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Vincent very good point, thank you brother
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Rech my fith fangers is looking at Miami this Feb then Detroit in July
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    You guys can't play Poker online? Why ever not?
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    It happened a few years back the government cracked down on it hard...happend around the time of the full tilt scandal...foget what year that was...need to Google it....Bet Online is the only US poker site that can be used right now....was able to play on America Card Room for a while but something happened not sure what.....some exceptions is Vegas and New Jersey for what ever reason you can play on 888 poker and Party Poker....but still no Poker Stars and that one is the best poker site hands down

This year im going to play live at some of the WSOP circuit events and try to win a ring or bracelet along with all that cash

But i make my money mainly from 6man Sit N Goes and that's strongly online
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    This is a link describing what happened in 2006 ...its not that online poker is illegal it has more to do with the banks and how the money is transferred back and forth that fucked up alot of shit for American poker players

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index…

Because of this mist sites just dont service Americans

I have the sites on my computer but i can only observe the game's...i can't play
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Alot of professional players moved to other countries or at lest to the boarders of Mexico or Canada to better gain website like Poker Star's
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    "..was able to play on America Card Room for a while but something happened not sure what..."

Sure nuts, sure
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

We don't want you in Michigan.

I've warned the border guards to not let you in from Windsor.

New York is on its own keeping you out if you end up in Toronto. lol.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Lmfao
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    How much is the buy in on your sit and go's and how much do you make if you win? Do you prefer those to cash games?
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    A lot of pro's like sit n go's because it has less variants in the game...plus once you get slightly ahead you can just fold to a pay check.

I'm playing $100 sit n go right now witch is max for US sites ...on poker star's go's up to $5,000 per person...

I started at the 5¢ and worked my way up...that's y i need poker stars so i can keep leveling up.

I usually play 6 man to 10 man

Example

$100x 10ppl so came has a $1,000 pot

1st gets $500
    2nd gets$300
    3rd gets $200

Every one pays a extra $5 to the site

I only risk 5% of my bankroll per game

It's a grind but i love poker just as much as clubbing
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    I usually multi table 4 at once
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    It sucks in the US when you can't gamble or go to a strip club and see nipples. Land of the free? nonsense. more like land of the police state and can't do jack.

I suspect there may be money restrictions if you try to bring too much cash out of the US. They want to keep all of us peasants under control unable to escape with much.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Nuts - See my pm. thanks.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Rh48 see my pm
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Shark Canada has more freedoms....we should move
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Lok ^^^ this shit has been cracking me up
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    While we're at it, does anyone have info on Windsor strip clubs? A fellow dancer who is new to the area asked me for some intel and I have no clue.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Nice last comment, just_the_nuts. I agree. LOL
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion