tuscl

OT: 12 City Tour Diversions

minnow
Any place that interests me.
Many of us came up with some good lists of 12 cities to live in for a month at a time, from the standpoint of strip club mongering. While an interesting concept, I find it doubtful that all but the hardest core mongers would want to visit a strip club every day(or night). Or for that matter, the vast majority of the month.

My question to everyone would be what non-clubbing activities/venues unique to particular city would you at least like to sample during your month there ? I'm sure several people have favorite golf courses, restaurants, etc. that they'd like to try. I'd be very interested to see what people come up with for different cities.

Here is a list of some of my 12 selected city venues:

PHOENIX- I'd try at least a day on the track at Bondurant Racing School. Spending a day hiking around South Mountain. I heard that there's a restaurant around South Mountain that serves rattlesnake meat as an appetizer. Great, lets see if it tastes like chicken.

LAS VEGAS- Spend a day at Spring Mountain Racing School track. I recall hearing of a place in Vegas that lets you fire a machine gun. Have to try that at least once. I'll let the more avid Vegas visitors strain the bandwidth with their favorites.

LOS ANGELES- Rent a bicycle for a day in Venice Beach. Go to Comedy Club. (One co-worker saw Robin Williams live there many years ago.) Do at least one Sunday Brunch, or weekday lunch buffet at the Proud Bird near LAX. Another area to max out bandwidth of places to go. Carry on lopaw, etal.

INDIANAPOLIS- St. Elmo Restaurant has well reviewed.

DETROIT- The automobile museums in area are an obvious must see. I'd be tempted to take a day trip to Kalamazoo to visit their Air Zoo, which has some interesting WW2 era aircraft in flyable condition on display.

PROVIDENCE- The seafood restaurants there and in Newport belong on my bucket list. For a quick day trip, visit the battleship USS Massachusetts in Fall River.

ST LOUIS- Besides the arch, I'd like to visit the St. Louis Car Museum. The later isn't just for display as they have many classic cars for sale.

I tried to throw out some ideas without burning up to much bandwidth. Thanking everyone in advance for your thread contributions.

12 comments

• minnow
    9 years ago
    I'm posting addendum to 2 of some of my cities I left out:

TAMPA: I've heard good things about Berns Steakhouse

MIAMI- I'd take at least one day trip to the Keys. It has been too long since I last went snorkeling at John Pennenkamp. (Key Largo.)
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Re: Providence

I did that exact thing. I flew into Providence over a Labor Day weekend. I went to strip clubs at night -- but I had a grand time doing other things.

I visited the battleship at Fall River. I went to the Whaling Museum in New Bedford. I saw Plymouth Rock. But Newport was the highlight of the trip
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I took one of tour bus trips to the Grand Canyon while in Las Vegas. It was long day but it was on my Bucket List.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Tampa has a small, but very interesting Aquarium. I've visited it several times while there. Makes me feel like less of a perv that I just didn't fly down for the clubs. Culture, ya know.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    When I take a SC trip; I barely have time to eat and shower never less take in the sights.

The longest SC trip I've done is about 5 days and 2 of those days are travel days so not exactly 5 full days (I fly in).

When I take a SC trip I wanna get the most out of it so I'll visit day and night shifts and w/ clubs being spread out all around town; trying to avoid rush-hour traffic; and getting up late from previous night clubbing; does not leave too much free time (at least in my PL case).

I keep-it PL-real son.
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    I'm too lazy to find my list, so I'll be general...South Florida is home to me, so I'd spend time with family and friends. Cocoa, I'd spend a lot of time at the beach. Have friends in Tampa and family in Atlanta, and baseball would also be an option in both cities. I've never gone to any of the northern cities I mentioned, so I'd do tourist trap type stuff. Same for Portland. I think I mentioned CA: I'd just enjoy the beach and scenery there and visit family. Phoenix, tourist stuff. I'd get into arguments with Texans about how Florida HS football is better and I'd eat in New Orleans.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Minnow and motorhead, I cannot agree enough about Providence. It is a fun city to visit and the strip clubs are just icing on the cake.

On the food front, not only does it have some excellent seafood restaurants, but you will find Italian cuisine on Federal Hill to rival anything you will find just about anywhere in the country. Some of the Chinese restaurants offer a very tasty style of cuisine that can only be found in that region (RI and MA) as well and the city also has incredible old style breakfast places (like MA) that make diner and chain restaurant breakfast food taste like the shit that it is. If there is one thing they know how to do in central and northern parts of New England, it is most definitely food.
  • Bigbiznezz
    9 years ago
    For me when I go to a city to check out strip clubs. That's pretty much all I have time for. That and going to fancy restuarants to eat. So I looki up reviews for SC and restuarants. I'm normally by myself when I do this. When I want to see what the city has to offer as far as other activities or landmarks. That's when I go with family or friends.
  • minnow
    9 years ago
    Some posters have reading comprehension/thread awareness problems. To recap: I'm talking about Divorced Dudes 12 city annual strip club tour whereby he proposes to stay in 12 different cities FOR AN ENTIRE MONTH each throughout the year. For a weekend getaway or even a 5 day vacation trip- I'm not expecting too much non-club activities. But to live in a city for an entire month and do nothing but visit strip clubs every day- even this monger can't fathom doing that. I chose my list of 12 monthly cities by weighing some factors other than visiting strip clubs.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Minnow --

You appear to be an automobile & racing enthusiast.

About 100 miles from Tampa, in the middle of the state, Skip Barber has a racing and driving school located at the Sebring International Raceway. It's a road course laid out on the runways of an old air field. It's the home of the famous 12 Hours of Sebring.

The 3-day driving school is not cheap. But it's a small class for the serious driver.

• PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Indianapolis has the race and a racing museum, a couple other museums, a zoo, the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library, and a number of theatres. It also has something new to me -- Breakout Indianapolis, which sounds pretty cool. It also has a Studio Movie Grill; nothing like having a burger and a beer during a big-screen experience. It's home to a fun burlesque troupe, Angel Burlesque. And in August, it also has both Gen Con (if you're into gaming) and the Indy Fringe Festival (if you enjoy theatre).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Re…

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Re…

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=thea…
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    When I went to the TUSCL meet in Miami, I took in some other activities:
    1. Cuban restaurants - I loved the food.
    2. South Beach--a good place to hang out.
    3. Everglades Alligator Farm--Alligator shows, airboat rides
    http://www.everglades.com/
    4. Shark Valley--Everglades National Park--take the tram ride
    http://www.nps.gov/ever/planyourvisit/sv…

Detroit:
    1. Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village, Rouge Assembly Plant Tour
    https://www.thehenryford.org/

2. The Detroit People Mover--for 75 cents you get a monorail ride around downtown Detroit
    3. Windsor, Canada--right across the river to the south you will find Windsor, a nice town with the best views of Detroit. Bring your passport.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion