Estafador
BIG APPLE

7 comments

• crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Possibly. He dug himself into a pretty big hole with the Muslim community
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    If anyone is serious about the foreign worker problem and discusses it rationally they have my vote no matter the political party. On one hand you have illegals taking jobs from the low skilled workers. One the opposite you have the visa workers taking jobs from the educated workers who spent time or money investing in a career only to lose it. I have seen both problems upfront. I have seen restaurants hire illegals for kitchen help only so they could pay slave wages. I have seen employers bypass someone with the experience to bring in workers from overseas. I don't know the stats but almost everyone I've known who has a high level of education has had a problem getting hired. I have lost jobs to foreign workers, and in one odd case was actually offered a much lower level job than the one I applied for (which went to a foreign worker).
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Neither party's going to do shit about this. Most people don't want or care about the jobs in question here, so politicians lose few votes by ignoring this situation. If any politician tried to do something, the employers would run attack ads about how Jesus said in the Bible that your cumbers should be picked by citizens of Mexico. Then Kim Davis would close down all the salad bars in Kentucky.
  • deogol
    9 years ago
    This is one of the reasons I like Trump. I am not sure about Bernie's opinion on work visas. But it is getting ridiculous out there. Like former_stripper, I too have lost jobs to foreigners on H-1B or off shoring.
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    If I recall, both Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul have addressed the worker issue. However, Paul has no chance of being the nominee for the GOP and Sanders probably won't get the Dem nomination. The others though don't care and there is the problem. In fact I got a call one time from the Democratic party asking me to donate and I mentioned this point. The woman said "oh, these are jobs Americans can't fill". I told her that's a lie, that almost every job that is supposedly a need for foreign workers isn't. I couldn't mention how many unemployed engineers, IT professionals, scientists, accountants etc I have known. I mean I met a some sort of biochemical scientist with a Ph.D unemployed for years and have seen ridiculous salaries offered for scientist jobs (there are two huge science labs not far from me).
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I've read similar stories about companies claiming there are not qualified people for engineering jobs and other skilled jobs. In some cases it could be true but I've read about many cases where a company makes the claim but they are not willing to pay Americans more money and just want to bring in foreign workers to keep pay low for the rest of their engineers, programmers, etc, or just replace them with foreign workers. In a few cases I read foreign workers were brought in and the American workers were supposed to train their replacements and then they would lose their jobs. This is unethical corporate action in my opinion but I read some do it.

A similar situation would be if the American people were a corporation and hired congress and the President. We could say we can't find any qualified candidates for the offices, bring in foreign workers with the visa program and pay all members of congress and the white house less than 60k a year. Current employees would all get fired. That's the way some corporations treat employees.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    As far as Trump goes, I keep telling myself he's a billionaire so he may not be stupid. He may have made a deal with the Clinton's before he started his campaign and this is all show to get the lead among Republicans by getting the support of those pissed off at the status quo. I have read about some of his companies going bankrupt and never read about where he stands on issues. I guess I will between now and February with the South Carolina primary coming up. It never seems to matter anyway. I voted for a third party for years and they never got anywhere.

If Trump made a deal with the Clinton's to either win the Republican race or drop out and take a bunch of votes as an independent, he will give the Democrats a victory unless enough people are more ticked off at the status quo and less upset at the possibility of a billionaire winning. I read today that Hillary Clinton was saying the former president Bush was right. We should not attempt to make our conflict with ISIS into a conflict between Muslims and or Muslim Americans into a conflict with us in general. Not the same words but close enough. Politics can get strange. I never thought I would even read about a democrat saying Bush was right.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion