tuscl

Strip club billboards spark controversy

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs

8 comments

• JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I bet all of you big thick ass black booty guys are jerking off to the dancer on that billboard.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    I don't see how this is much different than Angelyne's billboards all around LA. Doesn't the twilight vampire clothing companies like areopostle (sp?), abercrombie & finch (sp?) and any other trendy overpriced trashy wear usually use half naked underage waifs?

If it was a Coppertone suntan lotion billboard the reaction may have been different.

My first year of college was in Jackson. That's just a weird town. Such a backwards capital city.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    I don't know about that Coppertone billboard. That was a very young Marilyn Chambers.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    I would probably object too if that billboard posted where my kids could see it on a regular basis. Not in my back yard, as the expression goes.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    I don't disagree. If we want respect, or at least tolerance from folks of pretty much every religious persuasion, we should also have respect for their sensitivities. A naked woman advertising a strip club on a public billboard goes WAY over that line.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Mostly naked women are used in ads all the time. Society draws the line at what you are advertising. If you are selling naked women then it's not right. If you are selling anything else then it's largely accepted.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    When my kids were growing up, I never worried about exposing them to age appropriate sexuality; I was much more concerned about displays of violence. I'd let them see an R rated movie that might have had some sex but I never took them to violent movies.

If that billboard is somehow going to corrupt your children, I think you've done something wrong as a parent as far as how you approached sexual issues.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Rock, feeding sexualizing content to young children rarely leads to healthy outcomes. Truth be told, your post was kinda' creepy. Maybe you see nothing wrong in explaining to a 9 year old girl what a billboard like that is supposed to mean, but I'd prefer not to have to.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion