tuscl

Terre Haute 2AMer

MrDeuce
Illinois
This one hits close to home! I've been to 6th Avenue Dancers *many* times, including occasionally at 2am. Nothing good happens at strip clubs at 2am!

http://www.tribstar.com/news/sought-in-f…

2 sought in fatal bar shooting

Scene of the crime: The sidewalk outside the front door of 6th Avenue Dancers in Terre Haute was the scene of a fatal shooting that occurred early Saturday morning.

Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2015 10:00 pm

Tribune-Star staff report

Authorities are attempting to locate two men they believe were involved in the shooting death of a man at a Terre Haute bar early Saturday morning.

Terre Haute Police officers responded to a report of gunshots at the 6th Avenue Bar, located at 796 Lafayette Ave., after 2 a.m., according to a department news release.

Officers reportedly found a man in front of the bar suffering from a gunshot wound to his abdomen, police said in the news release. The victim was taken to Union Hospital, where he later died, police said.

Terre Haute Police were not releasing the man’s name pending family notification.

Based on witness interviews and a review of surveillance video, the release said that investigators have determined a physical argument between two groups of men led up to the shooting. Investigators say they have identified everyone involved in the incident, but have not released that information.

The investigation was continuing Saturday afternoon the THPD said in its release.

Several attempts to reach police chief John Plasse and assistant chief Shawn Keen for additional details and updates on the shooting were not successful Saturday afternoon.

3 comments

• motorhead
    9 years ago
    Terre Haute

Where Larry Bird played college basketball and where the kids from "Family Affair" were from.

Good to see them in news again

A $2.
  • rickthelion
    9 years ago
    My friend rickthetiger said he was in Indiana. But the story didn't mention that the victim was mauled by a tiger so I suspect that this wasn't him.
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago

Terre Haute has always been a rough town and 6th Ave Club is in a rough part of a rough town. Likely a dope deal gone south. Neither Terre Haute club is worth the gas to get off highway to visit. I have stopped at both 6th Ave and Coyote in West Terre Haute. Never again.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion