tuscl

Tongue Lock

crazyjoe
Colorado
Does anyone know what the hell a tongue lock is for a trailer? The guy at the farm store didn't... they sell trailer parts...

Then there was an old lady, probably in a mini skirt in the parking lot. That skirt looked like it was short enough for her giblets to pop out...

Dam i gotta get out of this hick town and back to the city

11 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    You should have gone to Walmart.

Tongue Lock at Walmart‎
    www.walmart.com/Tongue-Lock‎
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    You really don't know; you're being serious?

As I know it is an anti-theft device, often called a hitch lock. It locks on somehow and it makes it hard to steal the trailer if you can't hitch to it and tow it. Probably she means for a bumper tow trailer. But they make stuff like that for 5th wheel, goose neck, and class A semi's too.

Tongue lock does sound funny though.

Makes me think of these girls:
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/…

SJG
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    A tongue lock keeps someone from setting a trailer onto a ball hitch and driving off with it. My trailer has a latch with a hole big enough for a lock so I've never used a tongue lock. Putting a simple lock through my latch keeps anyone from securing it to a ball hitch and is a lot cheaper than a tongue lock.
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    seaboardrr,

If they want it, they will get it. Just takes a smaller ball and away she goes. Seen it happen.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^ yeah the best part is when the tongue is locked, but all you have to do is pull the pin that attaches the hitch to the tow housing underneath the bumper. Oops! Forgot to lock that part eh?!?
  • likes2look
    9 years ago
    I thought you got tongue lock from doing DATY for a long time.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I was looking to buy a tungue lock and the idiot working at the store had no idea what i was talking about
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Tung Lok led the Singapore league in RBI this season
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ MVP MVP MVP
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    Shailynn, I have a locking hitch as well. You need a key or a blow torch.
  • Longball300
    9 years ago
    I prefer the tongue lock in conjunction with a hitch vise..... nothing beats a tight hitch.

http://www.hitchrider.com/nowobble.htm

That way my junk doesn't wobble around.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion