tuscl

What its like to be a dancer. Couldnt pass this up without an answer.

In a recent post I noticed some people thought I was putting down patrons of the strip clubs. That is not at all what I was trying to say. The point of the conversation was to point out that guys in the club sometimes aren't nice. It's our jobs as dancers to deal with it. I read a post asking whats its like to be a stripper. Here is the deal. You have to be thick skinned and ok with the job. As I've said before we are doing something so against the grain that you have to be ready in order to succeed. Despite the fact most guys on this site would disagree most of us are not programmed to be naked. Its such a strange feeling knowing every part of your body is exposed to anyone who walks through the door. you have to be ready for this. Your neighbor your family friend doesn't matter if they pay they get to see. You also have to be ready to be in a scary atmosphere. Most of the guys are straight foreward. Blue collar guys looking for beer and tits. You have to remember though that some are criminals. You have to pretend to be into them take their money and be smart enough to leave when the club closes and not get caught up in all the bs like drugs or crime. I encourage the right girls to get into stripping. its fun and I've made a killing doing it. I mean the job requirements are get naked and dance and get paid. The key thing is that you have to be ready. Any girl can dance and be naked it takes a special type of person to deal with all the other bs and be ok. Most of the times its great but when it gets bad it can be really bad so I caution everyone to be ready.

23 comments

• GACA
    9 years ago
    When you say "be ready", I'm getting the sense that means "be ready to deal with a lot of negative or strong emotions from within"
  • poledancer83
    9 years ago
    yes basically be ready to look yourself in the mirror and know that you make an honest living. I know for a while I hated myself and everytime I looked in the mirror I wondered what happened and how I was doing this for a living. At some point I learned to love myself and my job. I just hate seeing new girls come into this type of work and not be ready. I've seen really good girls turn into druggies or just be a skeleton of their former self and hate everyone and everything. Its just something that new girls need to understand
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    How does it feel to deal with @Bavaria types of customers? He is really needy and sorta creepy but he tips very well and doesn't seem to have a spine so he does not push too hard to touch, but some how still so annoying that you almost don't even want to take his money.

How does this happen? I'm wondering how needy does one come off so that a dancer doesn't want to be takings his money anymore?
  • poledancer83
    9 years ago
    i'll take money from anyone
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I'll keep this in mind in case I ever decide to become a stripper. :)
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Stripping can destroy a young woman. The DS started out as a sweet, kind, generous, trustworthy, reliable, ambitious young woman who was I would trust with my life. She'd only had sex with two guys in her entire short life. A year later she's cut throat, money obsessed, selfish, and a master at deceiving guys to part them from their money. And she fucked dozens of guys and girls in that year. Her drug addictions also grew exponentially. The last couple of times I saw her itc I barely knew who she was. The body was the same, but I barely recognized the girl inside .

I was afraid that this might happen, but I had no idea it would be so extreme or so fast. Now DS II is exactly the same -- sweet, kind, innocent, trustworthy, reliable, etc. The similarities between them are uncanny. And so of course I'm worried that the ending might be the same. And I can't save them. I can't stop it from happening. Only they can.

• poledancer83
    9 years ago
    That's the sad part. A lot of girls come into this job as just a way to make easy quick money. At first things are good and most guys are nice then you realize some aren't. Insults take their toll and it comes down to some girls having to get crazy drunk or high just to work. A lot of girls think their worth nothing more then tits and ass. I always try to answer questions from people thinking of dancing cause it can be a great career you just have to prepare for it
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    " I always try to answer questions from people thinking of dancing cause it can be a great career you just have to prepare for it"

replace career with "job"
  • poledancer83
    9 years ago
    Why can't it be career I know girls that dance into their 40's then quit dancing and become managers or house moms. I don't think it has to be a job it can be a career
  • poledancer83
    9 years ago
    I get what she means and she makes good points however the money that's made can be invested into medical insurance and retirement type accounts like 401k. If the girl is responsible and saves money it can be a career. Not saying that later in life she may have to find another career. Just like a person who retires early in life and finds another job.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I would never advise a young woman that I care about to consider becoming a stripper. If that makes me a hypocrite so be it. It's the truth.
  • poledancer83
    9 years ago
    so would u advocate a male friend who looks good to try out for Chippendales.?
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I can see where SC are attractive to loner sociopaths, even if 98% of us are just normal, horny, sometimes married dudes.

And yeah, it's a sales job and you're basically selling your looks and personality. I imagine days you get a lot of no thanks are rough, even if it's all very polite.
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    If I had a daughter I'd tell her either not to dance or look at it short term (like paying for college). It can be rough. I'd also tell her to avoid most everyone in the club, come in, do your job then get the hell out. Most dancers are nasty so are most club employees.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I know absolutely nothing about the job of male strippers, so I could not give any advice on that subject. My guess is that the job isn't as difficult for men because we are sluts by nature. But I really don't know.
  • poledancer83
    9 years ago
    I think the real take home point is not to steer people toward stripping but to make sure that if they want to dance they need to be prepared.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    @pd83 Wow you stayed logged on for a while this time :)
  • Lone_Wolf
    9 years ago
    Is this an AMA?
  • poledancer83
    9 years ago
    i'm bored today lol
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Thank you ladies for the work you do. You save many of us from having to choose between blue balls and getting into very bad entanglements. You save a lot of marriages that are working fine except for the sex part, and allow many children to grow up living with both parents.
  • rogertex
    9 years ago
    poledancer is totally right. This is a honorable and legit job - no matter what society thinks. And dancers need to have a thick skin. Despite the tough attitudes shown on this site, TUSCL members recognize the value provided by dancers and compensate generously.

What category would you self classify ?
    https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=1…

Obviously Category 1 is ruled out.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    God bless you
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion