tuscl

iOS 9 = POS?

Anyone else regretting installing this update?

12 comments

• sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I'm still using ios 5.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    iOS 9 probably part of apples plan for planned obsolescence. You need to upgrade your hardware again. it won't handle all the new software apple, Facebook etc got some secret deal going on to make older devices stop working properly.

I noticed this site iworks fine on the original iPad with the exception of the review drop down but that was something I think got changed. if you touch near the bottom of the review drop down, it will go to reviews instead of the profile. I guess founders programmer has no old tech.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I installed it on my iPhone and iPad without incident. What problems have you had?
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Apps hanging. This site being screwed up in Safari. Strange fonts.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

I've had bad experiences in the past with loading IOS updates (I believe one of the updates fried my phone, costing me $ and causing me to have get a new one).

So now I wait until I read reviews of real world users on the updates and any bugs that are in the software.
    I'll probably wait at least a month before I upgrade my iPhone and Ipads to IOS9.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I have stopped immediately doing updates the day they come out for the same reason Dougie mentioned. I wait about 3-4 weeks or so for the big full number updates. Usually by then they'll have version 9.0021 or some shit like that which has worked some of those bugs out that Doug is mentioning.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Yep I regret it.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    It's a little different, but I don't see anything too bad about it.

Plus you now get an extra hour of battery life!

• seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    I never update immediately. The only reason I updated to IOS 6 or above was because i was forced to do so with the iPhone 6. I don't like the flat cartoon graphics they switched to after Jobs died. I prefer the skeuomorphism graphics. I dl'd yosemite a year ago but still haven't upgraded simply because it's a major GUI change. I'm still using os 10.9.5 on my MBP.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    9 years ago
    I have a brother who works as a network administrator in various 4 year colleges in a nearby state. He said he effectively could not get any work done the day apple released their new version of iOS as their network was crawling to a standstill from students and faculty downloading the new apple code on the day of the release. Total bunch of lemmings if you ask me.

They considered opening a cache or two within the network for the new software but Apple was total dicks about wanting royalties from the consortium of schools for basically speeding up the delivery of their software- So my brother's supervisor basically took the "Let them all go to Hell" approach to dealing with it.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    I'm just about to purchase an iphone 6s sim free direct from Apple so I hope mine works ok.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    I just noticed that my fonts are strange as well. Other than that everything else seems to be working properly.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion