tuscl

what is your favorite hot dog shop called ?

In my town in western north Carolina you can find a small chain called the Hot Dog King that serves up footlong dogs

27 comments

• just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    It comes loaded with chilly, slaw, cheese, mustard and ketchup

You also get fries and a drink for just $5
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Nathans
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Wrigley Field.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    A hot dog cart that I don't think even has a name. Just a guy on the street that cooks gourmet dogs. His bacon wrapped chipotle & jalapeno & cheddar dog is absolutely to die for. Two will set you back $11 but they're worth it.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Wiener King closed up shop here back around 1980; it was a pretty good place to go after an afternoon of bowling.

There's a hot dog cart in Indianapolis, usually hangs out near the convention center during Gen Con. Good hot dogs for a couple bucks each, a can of pop for a buck, and chips -- a quick and decent enough meal when you're tight on time and don't feel like waiting in line at the restaurants or food trucks, or to suffer with the ICC food. Add in that one of the women who works the cart is one of the prettiest black women I've ever met (complete with a killer smile!), and it's a winning situation all the way.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Love this feed back guys , dam im hungry for a dog now lol
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Hey Nuts, we used to have this in San Diego (now closed).....lol at the sign...

https://c3.staticflickr.com/3/2060/58208…
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Lol !!!
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    There's a good hot dog/shake/burger joint just up from Times Square called "Steak 'n Shake". Checkout it out if you are in the Big Apple.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Ketchup or mustard on your dogs?
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Mustard of course.
  • knight_errant
    9 years ago
    Famous Lunch. Same as it ever was.
    http://www.famouslunch.org/Welcome.html.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    Jimmy's Hot Dogs in Albany, GA. Been a staple there since 1941. Second favorite is Shady Lane Drive-Thru in Tifton, GA. I grew up eating those every weekend. Third favorite is Varsity in Atlanta, GA.
  • jestrite50
    9 years ago
    T & L Hot Dogs But there are none
    in my area. I have to drive out of state to get them.
    Hot Dogs are not popular in my area.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    The Original by the University of Pittsburgh. Never had anything better. Dodger dogs at Dodger stadium also pretty good.

And I go with everything ketchup, mustard, relish and onions.

• crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    There is Steak n Shake in my area. I have not reied their hot dogs. There are some good hot dogs from hot dog venders downtown
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Pigs in a blanket,fry em like bacon.
  • georgebailey
    9 years ago
    Lafayette Coney Island, on Lafayette.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    I've been to a couple of the Steak 'N' Shakes in Indianapolis. The hot dogs are pretty good, but their burgers are definitely some of the best I've had. Still haven't tried any of their half-and-half shakes, where, say, the left half is chocolate and the right half is strawberry.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    The Varsity

"what'll ya have"

http://youtu.be/qR5RgqxS7Lo
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    For me, it's The Arbor in Port Dover, Ontario.

The serve foot-long (well, 0.3 meter) Schneider's Weiner's in equal length buns, and have a top-it-yourself bar where you can fill your dog with mustard, ketchup, slaw, pickles, relish, onions and even radish slices. Their fries are wonderful and served in large cups with malt vinegar, ketchup and salt. No Coke or Pepsi here - they serve their own brand of fruit juices that are bangin' - my personal fave is the Boysenberry glow. They've been in business for about 80 years. Damn, I'm hungry....
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Did I mention that the dogs are grilled on a flat top?
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    This thread was a epic success..thank you guys for your feed back on this topic i enjoyed each comment
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Also, fuck me im hungry
  • skibum609
    9 years ago
    Casey's. Natick Mass. Best dogs anywhere. Why? Its been there since 1890, so it has to be good.
  • Jackmd
    9 years ago
    A footlong with the works from Polock Johnny's right on the famous Block in Baltimore. Get a couple when you are leaving. No one will kiss you after you've eaten one.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion