tuscl

Wrangler Jane is Dead

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Saturday, August 22, 2015 7:50 AM
Melody Patterson who played "Wranger Jane" on the 60's Western comedy F-Troop has passed away. She was only 66 which seemed young, but I found out she was only 16 years old when she began on the show. Also, I did not know she was married to James MacArthur (Book'em Dan-O) on Hawaii Five-O. (The original) F-Troop was one of those shows that seemed funny when you were a kid, but actually was stupid and not funny at all.

8 comments

• JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Never saw the show. Guess there's no reason to watch reruns either.
  • EarlTee
    9 years ago
    I watched a lot of horrible shows as a kid, but even then, F Troop was just too, too stupid.
  • goldmongerATL
    9 years ago
    Read somewhere that her character was not allowed to kiss the Captain until the actress turned 18 in the 2nd season.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Good lord, I remember watching Petticoat Junction a few times.
  • dallas702
    9 years ago
    F-Troop, Pettycoat Junction, Green Acres, Gilligan's Island, Lost In Space, Car 54. Wow, my generation must have been really easy to entertain or really stoned. Actually, there were no "strip clubs" as we know them today so we had to settle for drooling over Maryann and Ginger, Wrangler Jane, and Mary Tyler Moore!
  • knight_errant
    9 years ago
    The show had it's moments: [view link]
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    And then, there is the legend of Forrest Tucker... [view link]
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    Didn't watch the show so Googled her. Don't recall her at all. Even IMBd was no help.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion